Sunday, August 17, 2008

A day for the birds

The trip over to Whidbey was great for birdwatching. Look at this gull checking out its reflection...
This is a marbled murrelet...they belong to the same family as puffins and auks, and swim/fly under water to chase down dinner.
And lucky day! There were 2 gorgeous bald eagles perched high above us at the beach. I could've sat there all day watching.
The hunter with dinner...I think it was a snake.
And, I have never seen an eagle clean its beak after eating. How cool is that!

9 comments:

Amy said...

WOW...those eagle shots are fantastic! I also love that first one...great capture!

Reds said...

Love love love your nature shots Pat!! Those Eagle shots are awesome!!

Angela2932 said...

I love the eagle shots, but I just noticed your posts from the 16th, and they are absolutely fantastic! Wonderful compositions and perspectives.

For Over 29 Years... said...

wow, how fabulous are those. I hope that's a snake and not something else disgusting that he pulled out of some animal. *shudder* Really incredible and crisp shots.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I really like that first reflection shot- how cool!

Shanna Jones said...

Perfect reflection in that first one!

Suzy said...

Stunning as usual! That first one has to be my favorite but they are all amazing!

Becky said...

As a bird freak, I got totally excited looking at these!

Amy said...

That first shot is so pretty of the bird with the reflection! The eagle shots are amazing, how fun that you saw them out and about!