Toured a small local chocolate factory yesterday. This is one of the 2 women who hand-dip all the truffles and dipped chocolates. There are only 200 people in the entire country who do this, and 2 of them work here. She breaks off some truffle with her left hand, rolls it into a ball, puts it into the chocolate on the slab in front of her, and covers it using her right hand. As she sets it on the tray she gives a little twist of her wrist to form the lovely little swirl on the top of the truffle. Each flavor has a different swirl, or wrist action. She has to work quickly as the chocolate sets up quickly and she needs to keep the stuff on the slab at working temperature. It takes her less than 15 seconds to do one piece...without looking, too! Look at all the chocolate on her hand...and this is good stuff--no wax or paraffin in it. Just pure chocolate calories.

And, I couldn't resist these lines. These are dipped and coated raspberry creams, with a little drizzle across the top.

And these are fresh, ready-to-be-boxed peanut clusters. Gotta love all that dark chocolate. It's good for you...really!
9 comments:
How cool! My favorite is the second shot, but they're all awesome and look so tasty! I'm hoping you were able to take some home to enjoy!
Hi Pat, I posted above before you posted at 2Peas, so I missed about your dh. I will certainly add him to my prayers, you too. ((( ))) Amy
These are really neat:) MMMMMM is right;)
Shawna (shawkrem)
Pat - I'm hungry for chocolate now! Thanks for sharing those wonderful chocolate pictures!!
YUM YUM YUM!!!! We used to go to the Peanut Factory (towards Spokane) all the time when we lived in Post Falls. It was SO cool to see those women making all those yummy candies- and giving us free samples!
AWESOME shots, I didn't realize there were so few people who made truffles. Makes me savor them even MORE! :)
Just wanted to put my prayers about your DH here too. Hugs!
These shots and your description made me think of that I Love Lucy episode. :-)
These look absolutely yummy. So truth be told how many did you eat. Take care of yourself this week, we will be praying for your family.
Maybe I need a job like that. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to eat more than a dozen or so after working with it all day. ;)
Aww those shots look so yummy!! Great lines in there!
Post a Comment