Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whidbey Lights and Views

ML and I hopped the ferry yesterday at Mukilteo and went over to Whidbey Island for a day of beachcombing and relaxing. I love the lighthouse at Mukilteo; it is such a little charming structure, more like a house with a tower stuck on as an afterthought.

This is the Admiralty Head Light on Whidbey Island at Fort Casey. Great old light--a little more traditional.


Part of the beach at Eby's Landing State Park--miles of tossed driftwood logs and rocks. Don't be deceived by the apparent size; the large log in the lower left corner was about 30" across.
Part of the bluffs at Double Bluff State Park on Useless Bay. We hiked about 2 1/2 - 3 miles down the beach. Good thing it was low tide or we would've been hugging the base of the cliffs.
Lots of tossed driftwood and logs; what better thing to do than build forts and sun shade structures??

Part of the pilings; when the tide is in they are completely submerged.



8 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great place to explore!

Reds said...

Pat, what a beautiful place to hike!! Love the stair shots!!

Becky said...

Those second two lighthouse shots could sell as postcards, Pat! They're all such beautiful shots. I love how you show us so much of your local beauty.

Amy said...

What a beautiful place to visit! I saw an "animal" in that big pile of driftwood, a really big one! And awesome leading line in the last shot!

Amy said...

I would love to explore here. What great shots of the spiral staircase also.

Lou said...

I LOVE these beach shots, especially the lighthouse. What a geat place for an adventure!

Shanna Jones said...

Very cool. I like that staircase. :)

Suzy said...

These are soo cool!