Friday, September 12, 2008

Dahlia Days

I love dahlias, and try new varieties every year. This year's bunch has suffered from my being gone, and the deer/elk browsing on the goodies. However, I still have a few blooming! I love this one with the shredded white tips...

And this one is so fun with the soft yellow top and pink reverse to the petals.
Isn't this cool with the picotee (outlined) edges on each petal? I am hoping to be here on a dewy morning while it is still blooming.
This one reminds me of sunrise.
Another two-tone; the reverse of the petals is a rusty-red.
A surprise visitor! He stopped long enough for a portrait. I even got a catchlight! LOL!!

11 comments:

Reds said...

So glad to see you posting Pat! Glad you have time to play a bit with your macro shots as I love them so much!! I love these - I almost can smell these gorgeous flowers!! :)

Jess said...

OH PAT!!! You know how much I enjoy your macro flowers... especially your dahlias! All those luscious layers and blended colors! GORGEOUS.

Cute little grasshopper too- and what a great buggy catchlight you got! Now THAT'S great focus! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Amazing as usual Pat! I may have a new favorite flower now!! And that little grasshopper is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Lovely as usual. And YAY on the buggy catchlight.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous! Love the detail.

periwinkle eye images said...

Hee, hee - he must be a good luck grasshopper, for all the great things that have happened today for you! I love that photo; so clear and defined. I love all your dahlias, especially #2 which looks self-illuminated. Your dahlia shots bring back memories of my very first macro attempts right there in the midst of your patch. ML

Joanne Fowler said...

Gorgeous as usual! I can't decide which I like best, they each are cool in their own way! Love your surprise visitor too!

Michelle said...

these are beautiful. I love how the flowers just seem to glow. and a catchlight on that visitor? you are the master of macro!

Kerry said...

I'm so glad you're able to get out some with your camera. I love these dahlias. Ours did not even bloom this year--guess they don't like the drought we're in.

Bobbi said...

I love the petals of all these flowers, they have such beautiful shape. Your macros are always so perfect :)

Amy said...

Those Dahlia's are just gorgeous!!! And I would have been TERRIFIED that that critter would have jumped at me, great shot of it!