Thursday, September 11, 2008

Colors

I can post tonight since our wonderful friend is spelling me at the hospital again tonight. I am sooo looking forward to my own quiet bed!

I love this hydrangea; most of mine are blue, but the color on this one never fails to amaze me.
This Oregon grape holly, which is growing wild in my yard, has decided to start changing into its fall colors..the division of red and green really caught my eye.

14 comments:

Jess said...

I am SO glad you are home, if only for the moment! I sure hope Rick is still doing well, I have been praying so hard for you both.

These are wonderful... you have definitely not lost your "touch"!

For Over 29 Years... said...

So glad you get a night to rest. I'm sure it's very welcomed. Love to see your "smiley" posts, you always make me smile.

♥ Amy said...

BEAUTIFUL hyndrangea! I love the purple petals with the blue middle and I agree that the leaf is amazing.
Still praying for you both!

Cindi Koceich said...

Oh No...I'm not sure why you've been at the hospital, but I will keep you in my prayers!!

I also think I may have to come and live with you! The beauty of your surroundings is surreal!! Thank you for capturing it and sharing it!

Hugs!

Becky said...

These have the most beautiful colors, Pat. Glad you're home for the night. That must mean Rick is still recovering well if you felt comfortable leaving. How are your kids dealing with the whole thing? I know no matter how old we are it's scary when a parent is sick.

Stacey said...

I love the second one! That's too cool, don't you just love fall?!

Margaret said...

Such beautiful colors in these!
I'm so glad things are going better for you and that you're home taking a break. I'm sure you deserve it!
It's so great to see you posting on POTD!

Suzy said...

I have not been around for a while and will have to go figure out what's going on. Regardless I'm glad your home right now and hope everything is ok! XOXO

Sharon said...

Glad to see you got a break. Wonderful captures! I love those leaves!!

Kerry said...

Isn't it wonderful being in your own bed again? I'm really glad that Rick is continuing to get better and that you have some relief from hospital duty.

I love that holly! Makes me think of Christmas.

Reds said...

Glad to see you posting - love that last shot!! :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Glad things are going well and you get to spend some time at home. I love the difference in color.

Amy said...

Hi Pat, I'm so happy to see you posting and that you're able to be home for a bit! Your photos today are so pretty, I love hydrangeas too! I've heard you can put nails in the soil to change their colors, not sure if it is true or not. And the leaves of the Oregon grape holly are so pretty, looks like half of the plant is ready for autumn, the other half not! Amy :)

KRISTIE said...

i am glad your dh is doing better. love the flower pictures, i have those purple flowers, they just grow like crazy, and i don't do much to them, but they sure are pretty