Saturday, December 20, 2008

A few volunteer Doug firs lining the road to my house. They look so pretty with all the fresh snow on them! Even caught a stray beam of sunlight shining down.

Tonight we are hunkered down, waiting for more snow and a big windstorm. They are predicting winds of 60 mph, with gusts up to 90 mph. I am praying that the house doesn't get hit, and that the power stays on--or, if it goes out, it is only for a short while, not days and days.

8 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Oh, Pat! That's so beautiful, and I love that ray of light, but i sure do hope you don't get hit too badly by those winds! Power will have a tough time withstanding it, especially if there's any ice on the lines.

Melissa said...

Love snow pile on pines. We get that in our backyard all the time and I love the look. We got a huge storm on Friday and are expecting another biggy on Sunday

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!

Malisa said...

Pat, your photos are gorgeous as always- I scrolled down quite a bit as I have missed a lot!!
Wish winter in Oklahoma looked that pretty!

Reds said...

Hope you didn't lose power - it is so cold here right now! Love the snow on the pines! So pretty!

KRISTIE said...

that is just lovely!
sorry about all that wind, wind is not fun :(

lcp said...

This is beautiful! Hope you were safe from the winds and have power!

Amy said...

What a gorgeous scene! I used to work at a Christmas tree farm and these look like perfect flocked trees! :)