Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ho ho ho!

I love this time of year, when I can bring out my collection of hand-carved santas. I have been gathering them for years, and my mantle is full. These three are some of my favorites; I like Santas dressed in non-traditional colors. Unfortunately, this carver is no longer selling his carvings; he has opted to have them reproduced and sold to larger markets. But aren't these little Santas just the friendliest little guys? In "The Night Before Christmas" Santa is called a "right jolly old elf" and yes, these guys look like they are definitely elvish!!

7 comments:

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Oh what cute little elves! I love that shade of green! It's almost the same color as my living room. I can't believe how quickly December has gone, Christmas is almost here!

Jen said...

Very cute collection! I bet they look so happy (and a bit mischevious) sitting on your mantle. Great picture!
TFS!

Angela2932 said...

So cute! They make me think about the book I'm reading, "The Autobiography of Santa Clause," and seem to match the personality portrayed in the book.

Amy said...

These are some cute little santas, very old-fashioned and full of mischief! :)

Lou said...

Very cute. They look like gnomy (is that a word?) little Santas. :-)

Reds said...

Beautiful elves!! What a great collection Pat!

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE these kind of Santas, as well as old-fashioned Santas of any kind. I am building up quite a collection myself.