Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Frosted

This morning it was 20 degrees (unheard of for Seattle!) so I bundled up and went over to the Falls, hoping for some ice. Nope. No luck. BUT---near the head of the falls the water vapor was thick enough to coat things in a lovely thick layer of hoar frost. Tomorrow I'll post some shots of the falls. The sun was just coming over the edge, and shining through the mist...

Flocked by Mother Nature....


It even beautifies Scotch Broom, a nasty ugly weed.



11 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, I love those red berries against the blue and ice. You always have such great compositions to your macros.

Mom2Drew said...

I really like that curve in the fist one, especially with the horizontal crop/comp.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the colors in those first two...amazing!
Cari

Vanessa said...

You are the queen of ice pictures! So beautiful.

Sharon said...

Beautiful captures!

Though I always thought it was whore frost. ;)

Lou said...

I love those, especially the red berries. That's why I wanted a snow day today - so I could stay home and take ice pictures! But no such luck.

Rachael said...

The colors are so pretty...the red against the ice, the ice against the blue. Amazing!

--sme said...

I love these almost as much as I love your water droplet pics (those are tough to beat!) Really, these are awesome--so crisp, yet so soft and natural!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! these are all so pretty!

Margaret said...

These are gorgeous. So delicate-looking.

PierKiss said...

These are beautiful shots! I love them!