Monday, December 22, 2008

let it snow...

I'm sure if someone hears me saying that, I will be stoned. We have had more snow here this month than I've seen in the 22 years that we've lived here. I LOVE it! Of course, with compacted snow and ice on the roads, and little or no plowing on the secondary roads, it is hard to get around, but oh! It is a winter wonderland out there, and everything, even bare tree branches, are transformed by layers of snow.
Don't you just want to follow those footsteps under that archway (and hope the wind doesn't come up and throw all that snow down your neck?)
Just think how boring this reflection could be if not for the snow...
On the other hand, it is cold, and I don't do cold well. (Too many years in the Midwest, especially Minnesota...) We did lose power the other night, for only (only!) 14 hours. Let's hear it for gas fireplaces, gas stoves, and a generator, and a neighbor kind enough to come over and start the generator for me, since R isn't able to do so right now.

14 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, the snow on the archway is so pretty! I love how you captured the footsteps in the snow! The reflection of all the snow is really great, too!

Becky said...

I did a little double take there when you said you'd get stoned. I thought, "PAT!" then I realized what you meant. :-D
Your snow shots are absolutely beautiful just like all your others. Glad your power is back on!

Suzy said...

My goodness you have such a talent Pat! You just made our icy cold world beautiful!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh I love the reflection picture!!! I also so wish that some of that snow would come down here. We have the cold, but not the precip. My kids are so dissapointed.

Margaret said...

Oh, I love that snowy archway. How beautiful. I can just see myself tromping through that snow! I'm glad you were able to keep warm during your power outage! We've had quite a bit of snow here lately. We'll definitely have a white Christmas!

Michelle said...

Yes, the path into the archway really makes me want to follow it. Beautiful snow...we've got ice with snow on its way.

Sharon said...

I love that first photo. Gorgeous!

Kerry said...

OMG Pat! These are beautiful. I thought that the first one was the better picture then I went back and looked at the reflection shot. Now I'm not sure which I like better.

Reds said...

Brrrr! I hate cold but love the snow when it has just fallen! That first one makes me want to go for a long walk - wow!

Bobbi said...

Oh Pat, I love these pictures. Still hate the snow, but love these pictures. The reflection is amazing!

Lori said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!! I'm so jealous of anyone with snow this time of year - it's supposed to be sunny nad 60 degrees here on Christmas day! :(

Amy said...

That archway is gorgeous and the reflection so pretty! 14 hours is quite a while to be out of power when it's so cold. I'm happy for you that it's back on and you're able to share these shots! :)

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat - you MUST know how much I LOVE that reflection pic! It is stunning! How far afield did you get to find this? ML

Regina said...

Beautiful and so serene, Pat! Nancy is doing great. Her incision is healing nicely and we were able to stop the packing torture. Thanks for asking and for your prayers. She is such a little doll and is always so happy. I hate seeing her suffer with so many issues that keep popping up. Your family continues to be in my prayers. Happy New Year!