Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter, of sorts

The big snow storm bypassed us. It went north, it went south, it went west, and it went higher, but down at ground level in the valley there is just a trace here and there. What we do have is sub-freezing temps, which hardly ever happens around here--at least, not for consecutive days. I celebrated by finding a leaf in an ice puddle (although, if it is frozen, can you really call it a puddle?) I love the abstract designs that form in the ice. I will have to bundle up tomorrow and go hunting.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This shot is perfect. I love the texture the ice gives it. Love it!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Gorgeous! I think that texture and patterns from ice is just incredible.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous! I love how all the swirls and curves come together to form around the leaf. The perspective is gorgeous.

Reds said...

Looks like we have the same kind of weather!! Brrrrrr! Beautiful artistic shot pat!

Sharon said...

Fun shapes!

Suzy said...

How do you make ice and a leaf so beautiful?? It's just magical!

Rachael said...

Beautiful! I love all the textures in this shot. And it captures the cold so well!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. It's a self made texture.

Jess said...

VERY cool- those textures and patterns are so neat!

Amy said...

Gorgeous shot, Pat! I love the texture here.

For Over 29 Years... said...

What an amazing photo. I just love the whole concept, the layout and pp.

Michelle said...

the patterns in that ice are just amazing. I can't wait to see what else you find out there in your frozen wonderland!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

WOW! That is a beautiful work of art! I would hang it on my walls and right now the only thing on them is my kiddos.

KRISTIE said...

very cool, i love the textrue in the ice.

Amy said...

Pat, this is just beautiful! What a find!

Tori said...

Beautiful! I love it.