This is the gate to my neighbor's back yard. I just love the way she decorates it with a wreath, and then the snow is the perfect finishing touch.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Winter!
We got about 6" of snow last night, and it is snowing even now. More is expected on the weekend. This is quite unusual for here; usually we get a little snow and it melts off within a day or two. It is so exciting to have a significant amount, and to have it stay! It looks like we are going to have a white Christmas this year--I think the last one was at least 18 years ago. Because it snows so infrequently, and for such a short period of time, every snow fall feels like the first one of the year. It never gets old, it never is taken for granted; it is always magical.
This is the gate to my neighbor's back yard. I just love the way she decorates it with a wreath, and then the snow is the perfect finishing touch.
And this is a pathway in our neighborhood. I was the first one out this morning, so I was able to get it with pristine snowfall.
This is the gate to my neighbor's back yard. I just love the way she decorates it with a wreath, and then the snow is the perfect finishing touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
These are fabulous! They are both awesome.
Cari
Wow - love these!! So beautiful!!! Love the path!!
Beautiful captures!
It certainly does look like a wintry wonderland out there. Beautiful.
Love that second shot of the path. It indeed looks like it's the path to the Winter Wonderland. Enjoy the beautiful snow.
WOW! It is an absolute wonderland out there! We had TONS of snow in Idaho, and I secretly miss all that pristine white beauty against the mountain scenery. ;) LOVE that path... it feels like snow fairies could come zipping out of the trees at any moment!
Oh wow, the first one is SO "thomas kinkade!" I love the second one too. MAN I wish it snowed here!
Pat, these are both beautiful, peaceful, and so wintery! Enjoy the snow!
Post a Comment