Saturday, February 2, 2008

Horizontal and Vertical: Day 6

This is my last H/V post, and my last post for a while, since I am off to help my DD with my newest GD. She has 2 other girls, ages 4 and 14 months, so things are going to be very hectic in their tiny little apartment. But, here are my "farewell" H and V views....

This is the mountain behind our house. We had a fresh fall of snow last night at the higher elevations, and when the sun came over the higher mountains, the top just lit up. Then to make it perfect there was river mist/fog drifting up...


Couple of drips, of course!

And, these aren't great, but I love the shared drop that forms between these 2 berries. Plus, these barberry berries keep a sheen of water across their surface when there is a drip at the bottom--pretty neat.

21 comments:

Chell said...

Wow those snow shots are absolutely amazing. The color of the sky and the wispy clouds. that drop is pretty cool too. We will miss your pictures but can't wait to see pics of the new grand baby. Have fun and good luck.

--sme said...

I'm jealous of the lovely natural finds you're able to photgraph on a regular basis. Congrats to you and your dd! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the drip shots those are amazing!
Cari

Unknown said...

Have fun with the gd... how are you ever going to function without twopeas? lol. Im gonna miss you!

Kimberly said...

Wow, these are beautiful!! Great shots, have fun with your new granddaughter!!

~JustJulie~ said...

Beautiful view! And, your macros are always stunning... sharp and clear. Love it. Enjoy spending time with your DD and new GDD (and the other two). Congrats!

HeyLady said...

You live in a photo paradise! Thanks for sharing your world. I always love your work.

Have fun with your grandkids.

laulley

Anonymous said...

Oh now thats what snow covered mountains are suppose to look like Awesome. Enjoy your new GD can't wait to see the photos of her

Becky said...

I'm so amazed at the beauty you have all around you. Congratulations on your new grandchild; can't wait to see photos. Enjoy your time with your family!

cherie said...

beautiful scenic shots and amazing macros.
Congrats on new grandbaby!!!! have wonderful visit.

Amy said...

Wow, these are amazing! I love how you see the reflection in the middle set of photos. Congrats on your DGD!

April said...

ok i love the berry picture..that is gorgeous.

Stacey said...

These are VERY cool!

For Over 29 Years... said...

congrats to you! Can't wait to see pics when you get back.

Yvette A said...

Once again GREAT photos. Congrats on the new GD.

Sharon said...

Congrats on your dgd! These pics are wonderful!!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm happy you're going to see your GD, but selfishly I'm really going to miss your posts:)

mamawest777 said...

Pat, I just love your drips!! So, so beautiful

Anonymous said...

I love the drips in between the berries. So beautiful. The mountains are gorgeous too! You must live in the prettiest spot.

Cindi Koceich said...

Great job on your compositions!!

Congratulations on your new GD!! Enjoy her!!

C said...

LOVE THE LAST 4! Beautiful! :)