Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shapes: Circles, Balls, and Lights

This is for Jewells----as you can see, I am hooked! (A screen capture is tricky! An awful lot of unintended visual texture shows up...)
These balls are in front of our Target store. I was out there just before opening the other day, taking this photo, when one of the employees came out and asked me several times if she could help me. What--an old lady, in a dress, taking a photo, looks like a terrorist??? HA! I know she thought I was slightly "out of focus"...
Thought these lamps in Target were interesting. Lots of cool shapes going on, but I sure wouldn't want one in my home and have to dust it!!!


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great! I have been wanting to take my camera with me to the grocery store and I am to chicken!
Cari

jordan.krogman said...

I've been playing that game all day, too! Thanks a lot, Jewels! :P LOL
Love the circles in front of Target; that really made for a cool shot.

Jess said...

Oh yeah... that game's got me hooked too! I can barely tear myself away!

Love the red balls in front of target- and ROFL about them worrying about you and what you were doing! That is hilarious.

Those lamps sure are beautiful... but I'm with you- I'd only have one if my house WEREN'T a dust magnet- but sadly, it IS! LOL!

Mom2Drew said...

Good Lord friend, you even make Target look like a work of art! I seriously would love to shadow you for a day...or maybe a year:) Hows that new grandbaby doing?

For Over 29 Years... said...

Yep, I'm hooked also. Thanks Jewels. Never thought of those shapes!

Amy said...

Those are some pretty cool lamps, but I agree that the dusting would be a nightmare! Love the red balls out in front of Target and your story that goes with them.

Angela2932 said...

These photos are fantastic, with such clarity and interesting shapes! And I love that you're "coloring outside the lines" according to the Target personnel. Good for you! You're inspiring me to be bolder in take photos in more places.

Trina said...

haha, I was playing it last night too, very addicting! Peas are such enablers!

periwinkle eye images said...

Oh Pat, I love those lamps for shapes! And your perspectives are wonderful! You will have to explain that #1 thingy in person, I think, because I have no clue what you all are talking about. ML

Bobbi said...

Oh we have those balls too, never would have thought to take their picture for shapes-great job!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...those are so neat. I didn't know target could be so beautiful. Now it really does have everything! I love those lamps too...in my house they would just collect dust.

Liz said...

boomshine is of the devil, I swear I spent an two hours last night playing that game without even knowing how much time had past.
Very cool photos of the lamps, I love the texture and shapes but I have to agree I wouldn't want to dust one. :)

Jen said...

I love that first one!! My kids LOVE those Target balls! Always touching them on the way in and out!

Kristina said...

You're so clever to capture those balls at Target! Believe it or not, I grew up with one of those lamps in my home. Yep, I thought they were the coolest things ever as a kid!

Sara said...

LOL, love the image of you being harassed by a Target employee... love it. She clearly is unaware of your 2Peas photo celebrity status!

Those lamps are too fun- your ability to compose and capture makes them into art.

And that game! Ugh! I lost way too much time to that game yesterday.

Becky said...

LOL about Target! I'm still too chicken to take my camera when I go shopping. Love your photos as usual. They're always so sharp!

Margaret said...

Pat,
That Boomshine shot made me laugh out loud. I spent way too much time playing that yesterday! And your Target experience was too funny, too. Love the shapes you captured there!

Travis said...

I love those lamp shots. You are always finding interesting things to take pictures of, I'm really impressed by what you come up with all the time.

Travis

Ginnie said...

"What--an old lady, in a dress, taking a photo, looks like a terrorist??? HA! I know she thought I was slightly "out of focus"..."

Pat, you crack me up!

jewels said...

Pat you are so funny! :)

I am so so sorry about boomshine! ;) It's so fun and relaxing!

Your target balls look so neat! I love they lead my eyes through the photos, and they are so bold!

cheers,
jewels

Tera Fraley said...

Great shapes Pat, you find such amazing things!! Probably wondered when you were plotting.. since you were taking pics!! LOL

April said...

ha ha those are great..i love the first one because i'm hooked on it too! but i get frustrated when i get stuck on one level.