Friday, February 15, 2008

Love: Captain Romance Strikes!

I love my DH, but have known for decades that he is not the most sentimental or demonstrative man around. I was flabbergasted to receive this gorgeous bouquet today, from him, with the adorable teddy bear (he knows how much I like them). I love the mixed roses, rather than all one color. Usually his idea of buying me flowers is telling me to go ahead and get some if I want them... Not the same, buddy. However, this time he came through!!



Not only that, but little did he know that this is a multi-purpose bouquet. It is gorgeous, it smells heavenly, it brings color into the house in the middle of dreary days, and it is also a wonderful subject for macros!! I am SURE he never thought of that!
As for the photography end of things, there is an IOU for a tripod. I am going to have to break down and get one for some on my close-in stuff. I usually hand-hold, but real tight macros, and waterfalls, are going to need the tripod. So, Capt. R. gave me carte blanche for one. What a doll!

20 comments:

Angela2932 said...

These are beautiful! I especially like the 2nd to last roses. Your husband did very well this year!

periwinkle eye images said...

Indeed, he did! Wow. I am beginning to think that "last-minute"/"guilt-time" gifts just might be the best. And you got the best shots too! I love them all. ML

Becky said...

Way to go, Captain R! These are beautiful! Can't wait to see the macros.

Anonymous said...

Love the second to last photo! They are all great though!
cari

Anonymous said...

how sweet gorgeous!
tara

Jess said...

These are gorgeous! Way to go, Captain R! He done good! ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

Those are beautiful. I love how they are mixed colors also,.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty roses! What a sweet husband.

Kelly said...

I love the mixed roses.. Very Pretty. I love those last two photo's. Amazing what different angles will do

Lauren Hartman said...

I'm glad to see you home, and R did good :) And :way cool" about the tripod! If I'm going to have roses, I prefer them mixed as well. Your yummy treats from yesterday's post look soooo delectable, I hope you both enjoyed!

Krystle said...

Aw how sweet of him, and great shots!

Angelica said...

What a great hubby!! The roses are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the last shot best nice colors. Okay so I bought my own roses, well not really my son asked me to stop and buy his girlfriend some but she had a family emergency and had to leave town so technically I got roses.

Amy said...

Beautiful! He did good! My favorite photo is the third one, so pretty. Have fun shopping for the tripod, I have one that is called Slik (funny name!) that I really like.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love the mixed colors as well.

Mandy said...

These are so beautiful. And the pictures you got of them just have the most perfect focus and color.

Val said...

Capt. Romance rocks!! Your flowers are gorgeous. I love the mix of colors!! Photos are beautiful too!

Alicia Barry said...

Great colour in the flowers.

Ginnie said...

Wow, lucky you! The flowers are beautiful!

Tera Fraley said...

Aww how sweet!! I love the mixed colors too- they look great. Good job dh!