Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shapes 2

This is a detail from the Ugliest Building Ever To Be Built, AKA the Experience Music Project in Seattle. It looks like a gigantic soft drink can that someone stepped on. HOWEVER, the details are awesome!! Depending on the weather and the light, it can look completely different each time you look at it. The shape doesn't improve, unfortunately.
Part of a decorative fence in downtown Seattle. Love the curves and curls--such a change from what you expect in a wrought iron fence.
And--this is so cool. This is a wall in the Seattle aquarium--I LOVE the sinuous shapes and curves and lines, and the way they catch the light and shadows.

Finally, these are for Sara, who said she wanted to see the elk in my yard... Here are a few of the offenders, caught in the act yesterday morning. The first one is taken from my family room, on the 2nd story (we have a daylight basement); the other 2 were taken from a window in the daylight basement. As you can see, they get pretty close to the house.





27 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow. These are great. Love all the shapes you found! Great textures.

HC said...

WOW!! These all are awesome! I think I want to add Seattle to my places I want to visit!

Margaret said...

These are all fabulous! I really like the ones of the decorative fence and the wall at the aqarium. Such interesting shapes!

Anonymous said...

These are so neat...wow...the textures on those first few are just amazing...amazing! Wonderful work!
Carie

Mom2Drew said...

INCREDIBLE shapes! I love each and every one...you ROCK!

Chell said...

WOw those are really close to the house.

Love the shapes. Wish I was more motivated this week to take pictures..

April said...

oh my gosh..those first ones are AWESOME. great shots!

cherie said...

wow you out did yourself. wonderful photos and just perfect for the theme this week. very nicely done.

For Over 29 Years... said...

My Dh thinks those are coolest every and wishes he was sitting next to you with his rifle. sorry!

Liz said...

OMGosh love all the shapes but my favorite has to be the ugliest building. LOL It is just so interesting and has beautiful color.

Unknown said...

All I can say is wow.. these are the most amazing pictures of the night. You got some fabulous shots! tfs... toni

Anonymous said...

very cool shapes! love the textures as well!
tara

Becky said...

Beautiful photos of shapes, Pat! I love them all. And I like seeing your wildlife. The only time I've seen elk is at the Grand Canyon.

Anonymous said...

That wall in the aquarium in very interesting. Wow you get really close shots of the elk. I have yet to get one in focus. Last time I tried there were hundreds of them I got to excited and even forgot how to use my camera LOL.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome shots. I love the colors.

Angela2932 said...

These are all phenomenal! I love the combination of person-made stuff and just wild nature. How cool to have those in your yard! I'd love to have wild-life like that near us; we have mosquitos that big, but now Interesting-looking creatures that don't suck our blood.

Teri said...

Very nice abstract.

Mandy said...

These are so incredible. I love all of them...especially the one of the metalwork. So detailed and beautiful. I love how you can see the blue all the way through them. And holy cow those ELK ARE HUGE.

Jess said...

Awesome shapes Pat! These are so cool! I am with you on the sensuous lines at the aquarium! Your elk are beautiful too, but I'm sure they can be quite a pest in your yard!

I'd love to see a shot of the whole "crumpled pop can" building sometime, that sounds really ugly! LOL!

Shawna said...

Wow what amazing shapes, details and textures!! What a fun place to shoot! And those elk! Wow!

Suzy said...

Amazing work Pat! And those elk are in your yard? Wow! That is just to cool!

Amy said...

Wow, these are the coolest photos of shapes! I've been to the EMP, it's cool inside, but I do agree that the outside leaves a lot to be desired! Love the elk shots, that's too cool. We get bears in our yard, I've never seen an elk!

Tera Fraley said...

How awesome!! Im loving ALL of your shapes, great eye for detail!!

Tori said...

Such awesome shapes and textures! LOVE them all!

Jen said...

WOW! Them's some shapes!! LOL! Great job!!!

PS: Nice elk!

Joanne Fowler said...

WOW! Love the shapes and all the lines. These are so cool. I think I'd love to visit these places!

mel said...

wow, Elk? Love that last one from the aquarium!