Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shapes: Underfoot

This is a Reflexology Foot Path. In Reflexology, massaging certain portions of your feet has beneficial effects in different areas of your body, somewhat like acupuncture without the needles. The path uses different sizes and shapes of stones to do the massage as you walk the path barefoot. I don't know that I would particularly want to walk the portion on the left side of the photo--it appears painful just looking at it!! I like the path for the patterns that are laid out and the different types of stones used.
A couple of manhole covers from last week at my DD's outside of NYC. The light snow in the 2nd really emphasized the design.


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these especially the last one...It has a cool texture about it!
Cari

Anonymous said...

you come up with the coolest photos!
have fun on vacation!
get lots of photos!
tara

Bobbi said...

Wow that path is awesome! I really love that pattern it makes. Have an amazing vacation with your husband :)

Shawna said...

Wow love the composition on the first one! What a neat idea! Hope you don't suffer too much on that dreaded vaca... it just sounds awful!! :)

Unknown said...

I love the first one!!!! I have always wanted to do reflexology... probably will some day. great angles too.. tfs. toni

HeyLady said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your vacation photos. Have a fun week away!

HC said...

You have such an amazing eye! Love the last one best :)

Becky said...

Cool shapes and textures, Pat. So I can tell people all those painful rocks in my pool area are a reflexology path? Cool!

Have a great time in Maui! Do you get Popular Photography magazine? I was just looking at it today and it has four don't-miss photo ops in Maui:
1. The road to Hana
2. Haleakala Mountain
3. Pools of Ohe'o (in Haleakala Nat'l Park)
4. The expedition ferry for whale watching.

Chell said...

Love your shots. Have a gerat vacaton. Can't wait to see your pictures from it.

Mom2Drew said...

It's so fun to view the world through your lens Pat! Oh, and color me jealous of your upcoming trip...at least we'll get some fun photos right?

Liz said...

That reflexology path is seriously cool! I have to agree with you though that left hand side looks a bit masochistic.

For Over 29 Years... said...

so so jealous, have fun on vacation!!! Great pics as always.

Val said...

All very cool, but I love the reflexology path! Have fun on vacation, lady!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I have never heard of a Relfexology path. That is so interesting and the shapes are so diverse. I wonder what each things do. I am going to google it.

And the man hole cover! Who would have though. Only you dear Pat, because you notice everything beautiful...no matter how small.

Jodi said...

pretty cool shapes there.
have fun in maui!!

Jess said...

Cool path! But yeah, I don't think I could walk barefoot on it either- especially the left part! Ouch!

I love the contrast the snow added in the last ones! Have fun on your tropical vacation! A little R&R with Captain Romance is just what you need! ;)

Tera Fraley said...

How cool, you find some great shapes!! Love the stones and the snow covered manhole.

Margaret said...

That path is so cool-looking. I love how you captured the curves in it. Love the other shots, too. You have such a creative eye to find something beautiful anywhere you look! Have fun in Hawaii! I am so jealous!!!!!!

Amy said...

Awesome shapes, my favorite is the last one! Have so much fun in Hawaii, I'm green with envy and can't wait to see your photos.

Melissa said...

Great job at finding these awesome shapes! I love them.

Ginnie said...

Those are some awesome shots! Those rocks are beautiful and that last shot is really cool as well.

Unknown said...

These are all really cool! I love the stones the best.

Stacey said...

I love the reflexology foot path.. my DH works with a lady who does that... I haven't had it done on my feet yet but she did work over my hands really well... it's amazing stuff! The only reason I haven't done the foot thing is just because I always have all three kids with me when I go in each week. I'll have to get a sitter or something one of these weeks!