Monday, March 3, 2008

Hawaii -- on the beach

Warning: I am not going to be on topic this week. Cropping, shmopping--I'd rather post some of my photos from Hawaii. I'm going to try to post them in categories... Besides, some of these have been cropped!

What a great week it was!! The weather was perfect, except for the 36 degree, rainy, 40 mph wind morning we went up Haleakela and saw...the middle of a rain cloud, and froze to death. The rest of the week was ideal; sun, warm temps (mid 80s), breezes, fluffy clouds. A couple of days were a little hazy for landscape photos, but it was still as close to perfect as it comes.

Since I am a waterbaby/beach bum, I am starting out with some beach views...different beaches, all perfect.

These first three are early morning beach strolls with DH (see below--the closest I could come to getting his photo...)along Ka'anapali Beach. The sun was just coming up over the West Maui mountains. I love being out on the beach before the crowds get there, where it's just me, the waves, and the sand.


Makena/Big Beach, near Kihei
Looking across Ho'okipa Beach towards West Maui. The water really was this turquoise! This is THE beach for surfers and sailboarders. More on that later this week.
The end of another perfect day in Paradise....unbelievable sunsets, and this really isn't "the season" for spectacular ones!

30 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

Wow Pat those are incredible! I love the first one, can't wait to see the rest!!

Unknown said...

I cant pick a favorite.. .they are all just beautiful and breathtaking,,, as usual!

lcp said...

these are gorgeous! Love the 4th shot and the sunset...makes me totally miss maui!!!

Amy said...

Wow, gorgeous photos! I just love the sunset!

Angela2932 said...

Oh, Pat, these are glorious! How did you manage to tear yourself away from this!

Jess said...

These are absolutely breathtaking! I am a "beach baby" too... I always say I am a displaced "California girl". :) I love love love these beach shots... I can almost hear the sounds of the waves crashing and smell that salty sea air..exhilarating! I can't wait to see more!

HeyLady said...

Those are beautiful! The sunset shot should be a postcard. I wanna go!

C said...

Wow these are some stunning shots! You went and in May my sister and her family will be going to Hawaii! YOU ARE SO LUCKY! TFS!

Lauren Hartman said...

Pat these are so gorgeous, absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see more. You must have been up extra early to get empty Ka'anapali beach shots! Where did you guys stay? We were just one the other side of Black Rock. Sorry about the non-view from Haleakla (I know I misspelled that). Fear of not seeing a darned thing kept me from even suggesting to B & C that we go. Not that they would get up to do it in the dark anyhow... ;)

Stacey said...

Beautiful!

Margaret said...

Pat, I have missed you! Glad you had a wonderful vacation, but I'm really glad you're back! Your beach shots are absolutely incredible. OOOH I want to go there!

Sara said...

Beautiful, from first to last.
But I do love the range of blue you captured in the first one.

Michelle said...

well who wants to see cropping when i can see BEATIFUL photos like those?! incredible job. can't wait to see more.

Shanna Jones said...

Nice! LOVE that sunset!

Anonymous said...

These are breathtaking for sure. I also loved that beach when we were there. I actually love all beaches

Val said...

Pat these are gorgeous! you lucky lucky lady! Welcome back and feel free to stay off topic! Can't wait to see more

Becky said...

I've been looking forward to your return, not only to see your Hawaii photos but because I've missed you. Welcome home. These are gorgeous! I wanna go! (Who wouldn't?)

Shawna said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! It looks so amazing and beautiful! I love them all, but the first one and the last one are just breathtaking!

Mandy said...

These are so awesome. I don't blame you for not being on theme....I want pictures of Hawaii too. Its the next best thing to being there!

Danielle said...

Ok know I am really green with envy. I swear one day I will go to Hawaii. Absolutely beautiful. I can't pick a favorite. I do love the color of the water though.

Amy said...

Wow, these are the "wish I could be there" kind of photos. What a beautiful place. I love the mist in the first one and the blue in the 6th one is just scrumptious!! Everything seems gray around our place.

April said...

those are GORGEOUS. i especially love that last one. great shots. maybe one day i'll be able to make it to hawaii.

Debbi said...

So beautiful, the colors are stunning!

Krystle said...

Oh can we say ENVY! They are all awseome, but that last one is amazing!

Mom2Drew said...

OK, that last shot is so brilliant! Wow...i so want to be packed in your suitcase next time, ok?

Anonymous said...

the 1st and last ones are just amazing! well they all are! and i am SO SUPER JEALOUS! glad you had fUN!
tara

bprincephoto said...

I love all of these. I want to go there!! That first with the rays is really incredible.

Sharon said...

Hard to take a bad photograph in Hawaii. They are wonderful!!

Suzy said...

Gorgeous - all of them look like they could be postcards - only better!!

Tera Fraley said...

Love these pics, looks beautiful!! Great shots!