Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Green -- wet

Washington is known as the Evergreen State. As you can see, even the water is green! These first two are a stream up in the mountains close to my house.

This is an older shot, but just to show you that even the ocean has a green cast sometimes, especially under the piers. The tide is out, and you can see the barnacles on the pilings.
Ok, so I got a little silly...this is a detail of the bubbles in my bottle of dish detergent...
and this is an acrylic glass that has bubbles in it. DH had some noxious drink in the glass, and when he sat it on the window sill I noticed the deck railing showing up in the bubbles. Of course, out came the camera and around rolled his eyes...LOL!!
And this is WHY we don't grow tulips around here. My neighbor tries pots of tulips every year, and every year the deer and elk take care of them for her. The deer chew everything down; the elk pull the bulbs out. You can see the daffodils are still fine; the sap in them is poisonous, so they get left alone. Tulips, though, are delicacies!!

26 comments:

amazing grace said...

wow! that water is green!!! pretty shade of emerald!

Unknown said...

Wow. YOu are fast becoming a favorite photographer of mine. SO creative and inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Neat bubble shots!

Margaret said...

Love all your greens. The water looks so beautiful in that stream. Such a vibrant green. Love the bubbles in the other shots, too.
By the way, thanks for the tip about the sap in my pine wood!

Jason said...

WOW fun shots.

Val said...

beautiful green shots!

Angela2932 said...

I love the soap bottle photo! One way to at least ward off rabbits from tulips is to mix a few chives (plants, not just out of the spice jar) in with them. The oniony taste and smell just discourages them enough and the chives themselves have pretty purple flowers. Plus, you can eat them yourself! And they grow very, very easily, are perennials.

Michelle said...

i really like the green in the ocean. such a cool color. and the soap bubbles are fantastic! great takes on the theme here...keep those eyes of your hubby rollin' 'cause i'm lovin' the results! :)

Amy said...

Great green shots, they're so much fun! My favorites are the first two, so pretty!

Joanne Fowler said...

Wow, even the water is green? Love the bubbles!

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat, every one of these is scrumptious! ML

~*Steffie*~ said...

Once again I am impressed with your unique "green" photos! I love that green water. Ours is always muddy brown around here.

Mom2Drew said...

Love, love, love those dish soap bubbles!

Debbi said...

You do such a terrific job of getting fun shots that are on theme. And the colors, focus, etc. are fantastic!

Mandy said...

Those bubbles are SO cool. And I love the green water. Beautiful and fun!

Jen said...

Nice! These are great!

Anonymous said...

love that last one! but they are all coOL!
tara

Shawna said...

You are doing great staying on theme! That green water is so neat! What a beautiful color!

Danielle said...

You are so creative with your shots. I love it. The bubbles are cool shots.

Anonymous said...

wow i really love your play on green! the pic of the pilings is practically three dimensional! the bubbles are gorgeous! great photos!

Becky said...

You get the most beautiful colors and are so good at finding unusual things on theme. And you taught me something new too; I always wondered why deer don't go after my daffodils.

Anonymous said...

The water looks pretty but why is it green? Oh to bad on the tulips, silly deer.

Bobbi said...

I love the color of the water. You really worked with the themes, I love your creative green shots!

Ginnie said...

Those are some great greens! that 3rd shot is my fav.

Tori said...

Wow... that is some green water! I love all your shots, though! Especially the bubble shots. How cool that you can see the railing in the one!

Suzy said...

I would give up tulips for deer in my yard any day!