Saturday, March 22, 2008

Faith

While our DD was still in college, she had the opportunity to do a semester in a Study Abroad program, and chose to go to Jerusalem. She was fortunate to be able to spend several months in the Holy Land, living in Jerusalem and traveling about the country, studying the Savior's life and seeing the places where he had been. Spending Easter in Jerusalem, and Good Friday on the Mt. of Olives and at the Garden Tomb, were life-changing experiences for her, bringing the scriptures to vivid life.
While she was there, she purchased several pieces of olive wood from a local woodcarver. I love this one, because it epitomizes Jesus as the Good Shepherd, who always looks for the lost and the struggling, and goes to find and save them. Every time I look at this, I acknowledge my debt to Him, and my gratitude for His love and patience.

16 comments:

Lauren Hartman said...

These are lovely Pat. How lucky your DD was to have that experience! I love your green shots from this week, especially the Hawaiian ones. I think the 4th one yesterday is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful carving...great dof also!
Cari

Bobbi said...

This is a beautiful piece! I really love how the boekeh puts all the focus on the subject here.

Joanne Fowler said...

What a beautiful carving. How awesome to spend Easter in Jerusalem! Great DOF too, it really makes the subject stand out (like He should!).

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my goodness, I love that. I've never seen anything like it. What an incredible experience for your DD. Does she have photos you can share?

Jess said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I can see the love that went into carving this piece and all the attention to detail.

Becky said...

That is really beautiful and of course you captured it perfectly in both shots. What an amazing experience that sounds like. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Michelle said...

what a beautiful carving. definitely can see the love and caring that went into making it. and how wonderful for your dd to get to travel and experience that. so awesome. have a blessed easter, also.

Trisha D said...

What a wonderful statue! I really like your DOF on it too...

Margaret said...

Oh, Pat, that is so lovely. Perfect shot for Easter. Thanks so much for sharing that. It's so beautiful! Happy Easter!

Suzy said...

These are sooo cool!!

Amy said...

What a fabulous experience for your dd! These are beautiful shots of our savior! The DOF is very nice!

Mandy said...

What a beautiful statue. I just love all of the detail and the feeling behind the photo.

Angelica said...

What a beautiful little statue!!

Val said...

Amazing focus and DOF

--sme said...

What a lovely story to accompany two wonderful photos.