Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another sloppy day

Woke up this morning to snow, icy sloppy roads, and mixed snow/rain/slushiness all day. Bleh. It's snowing right now; 5 minutes ago it was pouring. I am in serious need of a sunshine fix! The line around here is that if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.
Here's a few drippy pictures from a dry(er) day earlier this week. I can't wait for some color for my reflections.

You can see the sedum leaves reflected in the lower drop.
This one, and the one below are the tip of a new daylily leaf. You can see some of the new foliage reflected in the drop. This one was taken with my Sony P&S... (f 3.5)
This was taken with my Pentax K100D and 100mm macro lens (f 4.5)

10 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Pat, of course, I love these all! And you're right; I'm totally in love with my macro lens now! It seems like it makes even DUST an interesting photography possibility and adventure, which sure helps when you're trapped indoors! Thanks for the inspiration that you and others on this board provided for getting a lens! Your 5th photo is particularly intriguing and I love how you're getting reflections in your drops of water. I'm not accomplishing that yet, but my husband is looking at me quizzically now as I walk around the house spraying things with a water bottle!

Anonymous said...

these are amazing....wow...everytime I looked at the next one I ohhhed and ahhhed...love these!
Cari

Amy said...

Wow, these are just beautiful! I love seeing what you post each day! The reflections are just amazing, I want to try more of this.

Mom2Drew said...

You're sooo the queen of water drops. Eventhough that P&S did a great job, I can see the difference with your pentax.

Suzy said...

These are so cool!!

Anonymous said...

always such great color and texture in you shots! i hope spring reaches you soon!!

Val said...

Amazing, as always!

Kristina said...

These are gorgeous! I can really see the difference between the p&s and your macro lens. Both are beautiful, but what a difference the macro makes!

Becky said...

You are the queen of water droplets and reflections, Pat! I love them all. I can't wait for stuff to start greening up and blooming around here.

Jason said...

WOW some more amazing shots! Nice work