Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cleaning up the garden and yard in the spring is like a treasure hunt for me. I always get so excited when I find leaf and petal "skeletons"; what is left after the more delicate parts decay or are eaten by bugs. I marvel at how much detail there is in even the littlest thing; this is SUCH an incredible world, with so many things all around us to astound and amaze us. So, a couple of leaf skeletons...
...this one is still in process......and these are what is left of the petals from a hydrangea plant. These were 2 of the petals on one of those big blue hydrangea blossoms. Don't they look like lace??


22 comments:

Amy said...

unbelievable! I can honestly say that i've never seen such beautiful and intact leave skeletons. They look like a fine lace! how awesome of a find!

Amy said...

Lovely work by the Master Artist and lovely photographs, too.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing...love them all!
Cari

Margaret said...

Holy mackerel, Pat! I love these. Just incredible and so delicate-looking!

Mom2Drew said...

Wow OH WOW~

I've never seen anything like that, but am mezmorized!

amazing grace said...

oooohhhh i like those pat!!! very cool!!! great find!

C said...

OMG PAT! These are so beautiful and interesting!! I haven't seen a leaf like this until NOW! THANKS! I love love love the 1st and 2nd shots!!! Awesome find ;)

--sme said...

Beautiful captures!

Becky said...

I always think these are so cool--they look like intricate mazes. You rock, Pat!

Amy said...

Pat, these are gorgeous and you captured them so beautifully! I just LOVE the last one, amazing!

Jason said...

WOW Those are so cool, great detail

Jess said...

These are just TOO COOL. I have seen these "skeletons" lying around the yard but never taken the time to really LOOK at them! Thank you for opening my eyes- WOW!

Cindi Koceich said...

How cool are those!!! Wow!!

Angelica said...

very cool!!! I've never really paid attention to leaf skeletons but they are awesome!

Tori said...

omgosh! those are SO amazingly COOL! Thanks so much for sharing!

Melissa said...

Never seen a full one of these before. Amazing.

mel said...

those are amazing! yes, what an amazing world we live in!

Angela2932 said...

How beautiful! You turn yard waste into ART; the ultimate in recycling!

April said...

those are awesome..i love to see leaves when they do that. i think it's amazing.

Suzy said...

I think I'm your fan - I always like all of your work. These are great!

Suzy said...

I think I'm your fan - I always like all of your work. These are great!

Tera Fraley said...

How neat!! Those are awesome!! Great eye pat!!