Friday, March 28, 2008

Crazy weather day

Today was a typically unsettled weather day here. We had snow, we had rain, we had snrain (both at the same time), we had sun (often while it was doing one of the 3 preceeding types of precipitation). Not a day to be bored by the weather! I saw the cherry trees blooming by the old depot and stopped in between snraindrops to get some shots...actually had the sun peek out for a minute or two. Timing is everything!


And, if you look beyond the cherry blossoms, you can see the fresh snow on the mountains with a patch of sun. Crazy weather! Not five minutes after taking this, it started blizzarding, but then turned into slush, then rain. But then--that IS spring in the NW!!

19 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great pictures! Love the third one, closed, open flowers and than the brown background of the tree! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

i really LOVe that last one!
can we have some of your warmer weather!
tara

Michelle said...

wow. definitely crazy weather. the third shot is absolutely beautiful. love the composition on all three. you've got a great eye.

Chell said...

Wow these are amazing. I love that 3rd shot...

Sharon said...

Very cool shots! Such fun contrasts (since I am warm down here. ;)

Becky said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I think the first and last ones are my favorite. Love the contrast between winter and spring with the mountain and the blooms.

Anonymous said...

Crazy with the blossms and then the snow. These are nice shots.

Amy said...

These are beautiful, I just LOVE the third shot! We had a crazy weather day too, some sun, some rain, some snow, but it was freezing the entire time! I'm planning on going back down to my mom and dad's in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping there are still some blossoms for me to photograph.

Kristina said...

These are so pretty! I love that 2nd one down. And, I've never heard of "snrain" before, but it makes sense. :)

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, that pink is heavenly...I'd never be able to be indoors with that outside. Good gracious!!

Jodi said...

gorgeous! I love cherry blossoms

Bobbi said...

That does sound like crazy weather, I don't know if I could take it ;) These are beautiful shots, really like that 3rd one.

Unknown said...

Yippy, spring is coming. I LOVE the tree picture... Just a beautiful tree.

Amy said...

Ooh, love the closeup of the blossoms on the branch!! Never heard of snrain, but we have that here too! :)

Danielle said...

The cherry blossoms are beautiful. I just love these. I know what you mean about whether. It's snowing today.

Danielle said...

The cherry blossoms are beautiful. I just love these. I know what you mean about whether. It's snowing today.

Mandy said...

Those blossoms are perfection! Oh goodness. I cannot wait to see blooms like hat again here.

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous! love the cherry blossoms! once again great color!

Tera Fraley said...

I love these pat!! These are my favorite trees!! Great shots!