Friday, March 21, 2008

Green -- from Hawaii

I fell in love with all the green in Hawaii. Green must be Heavenly Father's favorite color, because there are more shades of green than any other color. Add all that green to incredible shapes and structures, and I was going crazy with all the abstract designs and patterns everywhere I looked. If you're interested, there's a couple more textures/colors on my other blog.





This was one of those "Quick draw" shots. We were walking along a path, and R said--"QUICK! Look!" I did, and I was, but this guy was moving so fast I was lucky to get him at all, let alone in focus. But, he is green!
Isn't this what Green is all about?

20 comments:

Tracie said...

These are beautiful Pat, and so interesting.

Margaret said...

Wow!!!! Such amazingly green shots! Love that last one. Way to be quick on the draw!

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Every single one of them.

Yvonne said...

Great shots! Love the variety in greens!

Jason said...

WOW the color and the sharpness are AWESOME!!!

C said...

These all have BEAUITFUL texture, pattern and such a pretty green! Great focus too!!

Becky said...

Gorgeous! The first one is my favorite. I agree with you about green. What I love about springtime is watching the shades of green on the hills change as I drive around each day.

For Over 29 Years... said...

I never thought about it before, but you are right, there are tons of shades of green!

Michelle said...

who would have thought you could get so many variations of green all in the same picture? these are beautiful. i love the first one especially-so serene and lovely. very nice job, pat.

mel said...

Gorgeous as always Pat! I absolutely LOVE the 1st and 4th!

Danielle said...

I love that first shot. Just beautiful.

Mom2Drew said...

Love that last pic you threw in there, how unique for green. But, I'd expect nothing else from you-you're such an inspiration!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Absoultely beautiful!! Wonderful textures and composition. Really makes me wish there was something green here instead of the foot of snow we got today!

Amy said...

These are all so beautiful! My favorites are the first and fourth ones!

Anonymous said...

ive been loving your play on green! love the first and fourth shot.

Ashley Hiskes said...

Those are so beautiful! Makes me want to be there NOW! LOL

Mandy said...

Those are so brilliant. I love your close up shot on the first one. Beautiful detail.

Katie said...

awesome green photos!

Val said...

Beautoful Pat. Love the sunlit green in the first one

Tori said...

these are all so awesome Pat! I love the different angles and lines... everything! I miss all that green... you're making me want to head back over! :)