Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring....

...in the Northwest means rain, mist, drizzle, mizzle, showers; I think we've had all of it today, along with the famous sunbreaks. So, since all self-respecting animals and birds are trying to stay dry, I whipped out onto the deck between moist moments and tried out my new tripod. Like anything, there will be a learning curve, but I am going to LOVE it!

Love the reflection of the deck railing in the large raindrop.

This one was taken without the tripod. This pot of hellebores is right in front of the black grill cover, which makes a perfect backdrop!

17 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! What a steady hand you have! These are just cool and gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can smell the flowers through the computer screen! Love the shots...I keep trying to get a raindrop shot with a reflection and have yet to get one...
Cari

Unknown said...

Im loving those droopy flowers... and the colors are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

wow! the droplets are so effective! just gorgeous!
tara

Alicia Barry said...

Oh wow Pat!!!! Phenomenol

Lauren Hartman said...

Ok Pat, I'm trying to play catch-up here. First, the lighting on the tulip yesterday (#2) is stunning! Second, totally jealous about you going to the Maui aquarium, I tried to get the boys to go but they had no interest. Regarding snorkeling, B is half blind as well-did R know they rent prescription goggles? B LOVES them!

Love your bunny and bird pics, and the rainy ones today feel exactly like the day did...drippy. BTW, the blossom from my blog yesterday was from a cherry blossom tree at the arboretum. Things are really starting to spring up there now! I'm hoping for another non-rainy day soon as I want to go back.

Tracie said...

Pat, the flowers are so beautiful, love how you captured the raindrops on them.

Amy said...

These are beautiful! I love the reflection in the drips. I have a tripod and it's a pain to haul around, but the results make it worth it. :)

amazing grace said...

love the 2nd and 3rd pic best! the reflection in the water drop is great! reminds me of that shot in Understanding Exposure....:)

Jess said...

Good gosh Pat! These are awesome! You are the queen of water drops (I almost said you are queen of the drips, LOL!). Someday I would like to capture a cool reflection in a water droplet too!

Val said...

So beautiful. Don't flowers have the weirdest names? hellebores. It sounds demonicly dull. But it's a gorgeous flower...

Jodi said...

oh I love drop pictures - so pretty.

HeyLady said...

Beautiful shots. I feel like a groupie - cause I'm so anxious to see what you'll share next. A tripod is my next equipment purchase. I might shop today, not sure. The local shops are so expensive (Ritz & CameraLine).

Becky said...

Your macros are so fantastic! Honestly I don't see any difference between the tripod shots and the handheld--you are so good.

Amy said...

Oooh, some typical Pat pix!! Just dreamy macros!!

Margaret said...

You are just too incredible, Pat! Your flower shots are the best. That reflection in the drop is just too amazing!

Tera Fraley said...

these are gorgeous!! I always love your macros and water drops!!