Saturday, March 15, 2008

Animals: Rare Sighting

I love bird watching, and was fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of the rare pink peeper. These birds usually travel in a tight flock configuration, and are rarely seen alone. It is difficult to catch them in a native habitat. Often seen in a yellow coloration, both the pink and yellow peepers are seen during the spring of the year.







20 comments:

Margaret said...

Too funny, Pat! Nice capture of this rare find!;)

Angela2932 said...

Funny! I bet they don't eat much. . . Pat, I just scrolled through the last several day's of your photos, and they absolutely take my breath away, they are so gorgeous!

Sharon said...

I think that is all peeps are good for is modeling. They no longer taste as good as my childhood memory. ;)

Jess said...

Oh yes... the rare pink peepers. I have also spotted green and purple peepers myself- they must be VERY rare though. ;)

When the peepers fly too close to me, they get picked off one by one...

Lauren Hartman said...

LOL Pat! Love this soooooo much! I think they may actually be one the species of bird my cat will leave alone ;)

C said...

YUMMY. I keep seeing these and so have to buy some tomorrow, LOL.

Cindi Koceich said...

That was hilarious! I didn't scroll down to look at the picture until after I had read the whole thing...you totally had me!!! Thanks for the smile!

periwinkle eye images said...

Seems to me when I was at your viewpoint last, the tight-knit grouping of your local Pink Peepers was smaller than what you have posted here! Hmmmmm. ML
(great work; clever!)

Trisha D said...

LoL what a crack up! Thanks for the smile!

Amy said...

So funny! Such an awesome find, I'm glad you were able to capture and share them!

~*Steffie*~ said...

Lol! Love your post! Very creative too!

Val said...

hehe. so cute!

Michelle said...

ROFL! definitely made me smile--thanks! my kids love these.

scrapperjen said...

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!

Angelica said...

LOL at your post! love the angle on you shot.

HeyLady said...

They are real pests! Rid yourself of them ASAP.... (see my posts from last week - they are sneaky).

Mandy said...

Hahaha...now that is one rare set of birds. My question is this: Did they taste like chicken?

Becky said...

Snort--and isn't it cool how they freeze in fear when they see you so you can get a nice photo of them when they're still?

mel said...

lol! thanks for sharing your rare catch!

Tracy said...

Hilarious Pat-they are rare in these parts of the country-will keep on the eulsive hunt of this looker!