Last Monday ML and I went up to the mega-nursery/gift shop near us, desperate for some color after too much rain. They had a ton of daffodils in their outdoor shop, and it always amazes me how many different varieties of daffodils and narcissus there are. Daffies have the long trumpet; narcissus have the little "snub nose" and often have 2 or more blooms per stalk. It was so fun to see all the yellow daffs that you always associate with spring, but even more fun to see all these different varieties, especially the one with the apricot trumpet! I love these split-trumpet, doubled daffodils. They remind me of the crepe-paper flowers I used to make when I was a kid.
Oh I love daffodils! The first one is so beautiful, love those colors! And I've never seen a double one like the last one! It looks so soft! Great shots!
Gorgeous shots, and a good reminder that although it seems like forever, Spring really is just around the corner(way up north here we still have snow, UGH!).
12/31 Hats Off to the New Year January 1/7 Focus into 2008 1/14 Photoshop (before, after, techniques, etc) 1/21 Words 1/28 Vertical vs. Horizontal February 2/4 Aperture 2/11 Love (Happy Valentine's Day) 2/18 Shapes 2/25 Interaction March 3/3 Cropping 3/10 Animals 3/17 Green (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) 3/24 Faith (Happy Easter) 3/31 Spring April 4/7 Natural Light 4/14 Guess This (is it an apple or tomato?) 4/21 Children 4/28 Water May 5/5 Important Women in our Lives 5/12 Catchlights 5/19 Happiness 5/26 Flowers June 6/2 Using Flash 6/9 Important Men in our Lives 6/16 Windows 6/23 Summer 6/30 Patriotic July 7/7 Rule of Thirds 7/14 Landscapes 7/21 Nature 7/26 Sunflare August 8/4 B&W vs. Color 8/11 Reflections 8/18 Lines 8/25 Family September 9/1 Shutter Speed 9/8 Vehicles 9/15 Architecture 9/22 Shadows 9/29 Autumn October 10/6 Panning 10/13 Pathways 10/20 Graveyards 10/27 Halloween November 11/3 Angles 11/10 Your Choice 11/17 On the Road 11/24 What Are You Thankful For? December 12/1 Portraits 12/8 Food (include the recipe if you made it) 12/15 Winter 12/22 Christmas 12/29 Favorite Moments of 2008
21 comments:
The are very beautiful!
Love them all (I always do), especially the second to last one--the flowers look like they're snuggling.
Great pictures! Love the white one with the red and yellow inside!
These colors are wonderful. I didn't realize they came in so many colors. Beautiful!
Oh so pretty.
Wow, never knew that daffodils could have that orange ring...so cool.
These are so pretty! Great shots!!
Daffodils are so inviting, and very spring inspired. They all look like the are SINGING for warm weather. Beautiful color.
Gorgeous! the last one does look like a crepe paper flower
Pat, you simply rock! I just love your pictures!
These are so pretty. I really love that yellow and orange one.
Oh I love daffodils! The first one is so beautiful, love those colors! And I've never seen a double one like the last one! It looks so soft! Great shots!
Gorgeous shots, and a good reminder that although it seems like forever, Spring really is just around the corner(way up north here we still have snow, UGH!).
These are absolutely beautiful.
wow! so many colors. and here i have only seen the "traditional". thanks for a hint of spring. can't wait!
those are incredible..i love the 4th one. that's an awesome flower. great shots.
What beautiful color. The crepe one doesn't even look real.
So beautiful! I can't wait to start seeing something bloom around here!
so very beautiful..love these!
beautiful! love the apricot ones as well!
WOW! I have NEVER seen daffodils any color other than yellow! These are amazing!!!
I really love that last one!
Post a Comment