Sunday, March 23, 2008

Can you sing along?

There's an old song I remember The Lettermen doing (now I am really dating myself!) called "I Believe". The first line is "I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows." So, I am celebrating our rain with some raindrop pictures and newly-emerging flowers.

I love the columbine. The rough surface of the leaves catches even the infintesimal dew/mist, and the droplets hang on the serrated edges of the leaves.
As the leaves unfurl, raindrops catch in the basin, and look like luminous gems when the light hits them right.
Even the tulip leaves are getting into the act, with droplets hanging like beading.
And a pansy, beaten down by the rain, but with its own line of designer beads and droplets.


15 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great shots! So sharp and crisp. Love the one with the drop in the middle and the first shot!

Amy said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos. Someone like you could actually help a rain-hater like me learn to appreciate all that wetness!

Melissa said...

Wow - those water droplets are just beautifuL!

Stacey said...

Wow. What detail. Absolutely perfect!

Mandy said...

Pat...your drops are just perfect every time. I love all of the wonderful drops on the first one. Great!

Becky said...

Your water droplet shots are always the best--I love them so much. I especially like the perspective of the first one.

Val said...

These are amazing!! I'm hoping to find some drops here if spring ever comes...

Jen said...

Pat... these are awesome! You rock!

--sme said...

W O W !!! I am in absolute awe of your macro work. These are amazing!

Debbi said...

Every time I see your macro shots I am just blown away by how cool and beautiful they are!

Jess said...

These are just so, so amazing! I never get tired of your water droplet photos. Someday I'll be able to do this! :p

April said...

oh my gosh..those are gorgeous..i love love that first one.

Anonymous said...

wow! these are just so cooL! you always do great w/ nature shots!tara

Chell said...

Once again I am in aww of your nature shots. You do amazing work...

Tori said...

these are fantastic Pat! I would LOVE to have just a smidge of that rain...