Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hurry up Spring!!

Not on topic--fell off the wagon and back onto my Macro horse! LOL. Got these tulips at the grocery store to bring a little color into the house, and can't get over the fringing and texture on them...so cool! These were taken indoors--the other end of the room had the lights off, so that gave the dark background.
We were eating dinner last night when I looked up and noticed this tulip. Hadn't seen it from this particular angle, so as soon as we were done eating I had to grab my camera. My poor patient DH just rolled his eyes and laughed.




27 comments:

April said...

those are amazing..i don't know if i've ever seen tulips like that. that so cool!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing...love the lighting and the color in these!
Cari

Amy said...

Gorgeous, I love the pretty pink color and the textures! That third one looks like teeth, cool! I love seeing your macros, they're always beautiful!

Jess said...

I have never seen tulips like this! They are TOO COOL! WOW!

That fringing really does add a lot to the photos- it's natural texture, all the rage! ;)

Kristina said...

What beautiful tulips! I like all of these photos.

Becky said...

I love when you're on your macro horse. These are beautiful. You're such an inspiration to me.

HC said...

Cool! Pat, I just love how you "see" things! All are amazing.

Mom2Drew said...

I just love your eye for detail!

~*Steffie*~ said...

I've never seen tulips with fringed ends before. How cool!

I love what you did with #2.

Michelle said...

wow! amazing texture on these. and the color is so soft and lovely. definitely worth the "rolling of the eyes"!! haha!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot. Love the different angles you took.

Joanne Fowler said...

These are simply stunning. WOW.

Donnah Ciempka said...

Beautiful. Amazing colour, perfect lighting. Thank -you for sharing these shots.

Danielle said...

these are beautiful. I honestly have to say I have never seen a tulip from this point of view.

Teri said...

Pretty. the colors are beautiful

jewels said...

Pat, did you use extra lighting for the flower too?? It is stunning! I love how the petal dropping is like a door opening into the soul of the flower. The yellow is welcoming and whimsical at the same time! I missed looking at your photos this week! I always see a new side of life when I see your work! :) We will have to plan a time this spring (maybe end of April/beg. of May for you and ML to come up and visit! I would just love it.

Cheers,
jewels

Mandy said...

I just adore these...the pink and softness of them is really beautiful. I think my favorite is the 3rd one down. It is such a unique view.

Jason said...

wow that is some great detail! Great shots

Jen said...

That last one especially rocks!

Shawna said...

Wow these are absolutely stunning! I love the first two, I can't get over the softness of them! Just gorgous!

Val said...

Those are some beautiful tulips!

C said...

I really like the 3rd shot! The teeth like edges on the petals are cool! :)

Anonymous said...

pat! that 2nd one is gorgeous!
tara

Cindi Koceich said...

I've never seen tulips with the fringed edges...how cool are those! Great shots!

mel said...

very cool! love the texture you captured! yes, spring, hurry up!

Yvette A said...

Wow, I have never seen a tulip like this very pretty

Bobbi said...

This is beautiful, I love, love that last one!