Monday, March 24, 2008

Faith...grows

YEARS ago I saw a little snippet of poetry that has stuck with me. It went:

Who plants a seed
Beneath the sod
And waits to see,
Believes in God.

Whenever I see new growth occuring after the long winters, I think of that poem, and how anyone who gardens shows immense faith when planting seeds or tubers or bulbs, that something will eventually come from those tiny little things. These grape hyacinth are one of the first bulbs to bloom in my yard, and the deer and elk leave them alone, so these little blue scouts of spring are really welcome.


22 comments:

Kristina said...

That 2nd one is so beautiful! I like your poem too.

Jess said...

These are gorgeous! I love that poem... SO true. :)

Debbi said...

Beautiful colors. Love the DOF!

C said...

Love the 2nd shot :) i like your poem too :)

Sharon said...

Great macro!

Angela2932 said...

These are beautiful, and I really love the poem you included! I just scrolled back over your last few days, and they are just breathtakingly phenomenal!

Yvonne said...

Great colors! I really love hyascints!

Mom2Drew said...

What a pretty little flower and your poem goes with it so beautifully.

Tracie said...

These are just beautiful Pat, as always!

Lauren Hartman said...

Beautiful Pat, the color on the second one is particularly stunning! Your pics have ALMOST convinced me to lay down on my waterlogged grass and take a few shots of mine. Almost ;)

Amy said...

So pretty! I love the smell of hyacinth. Your second shot is beautiful!

Mandy said...

I really love the color of these. Just gorgeous and crisp purple. I know spring is just around the corner...

And I love the poem.

Becky said...

So pretty! I'm going to try planting my hyacinth--it will probably be six months from now, but I have faith.

Val said...

Beautiful! I love hyacinth. They smell so pretty

Danielle said...

Beautiful!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Stunning...

Amy said...

So pretty. I love these little grapyacinths (sp?). These were all over my mom's flower beds when I used to have to weed them. A sure sign of spring!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little poem to remember. Nice color and DOF

Michelle said...

the detail in the second one is awesome. love that color.

Tori said...

the color is gorgeous in these! Love the DOF!

Tera Fraley said...

those are great!! I love the little saying too!

jewels said...

Pat, I love the poem! :)

That second photo has neat composition, with the 2nd hyacinth as a subtle image in the background, making the subject have something to play against! :)

Cheers,
jewels