Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Greens that don't grow

Still trying to stay non-botanical, but I can tell it won't last...

A piece of Chihuly glass that I saw in a gallery on Maui. The gallery worker was fine with me taking photos! But boy, the lighting in there, while wonderful for showing all the glass work, was really difficult for me for photos...
These 2 are from the big nursery/gift shop that ML (PeriwinkleEye) and I were at yesterday. You can easily spend hours there with a camera. So many textures, patterns, designs and PLANTS!! This was a detail from a bird bath...
These are pot feet, that you put under a pot to lift it so it doesn't sit on your floor/deck and stain it. The balls nestle up to the outside of the pot, and the long part goes beneath the pot. It's gonna have to be a pretty awesome pot to put something this pretty under it!!
This was at a discount store; a glass vase shaped like a purse. I noticed that the vase next to it had a mirrored surface and there was a wonderful reflection happening (same thing as the rocking chair photo yesterday. I love reflections!)

18 comments:

Yvonne said...

What great green pictures! Love that last one, it's like an art piece!

Lauren Hartman said...

Gorgeous Pat. I don't know which i like best, they're all lovely! I love coming here and peeking at what you've been up to, you always have a very interesting way of looking at things and you're not too shy to shoot just about anywhere!

cristina said...

those marbly leggie thingies are cool...don't have any plants here so i'd just buy them to photograph... :D
don't see the 'shape' of the purse...
man, you guys have some cool stores out there...or at least some interesting items to shoot...i think i need to head at least to home depot...tfs!

Margaret said...

Pat, you are just so creative with the things you're finding that are non-botanical for the theme. I love that first shot. Such interesting shapes and curves in it.

Amy said...

These are really pretty! I agree that those are pretty amazing looking feet things, I'm not so sure there are many outdoor pots that would be any prettier! I like how you're getting these creative shots, they're fun!

Anonymous said...

Very creative shots, loving the color your getting.

~*Steffie*~ said...

I love Chihuly glass! Our local conservatory purchased an entire collection a few years ago and I love to go see it!

I'm loving the unique "Green" items you are coming up with to photograph

Anonymous said...

Wow...these pictures are so awesome. I love to see all of the different crops you make. You really get such great comp and color. I love the glass purse.

Val said...

All beautiful shots! The glass balls remind me of your water drops!

Danielle said...

That last one is very cool and I love the first one also.

cherie said...

great shots !!!! very nice compotions.

Anonymous said...

All of these are so cool! Love the textures you've captured here!
Cari

Jen said...

WOW! These are fabulous!!

Becky said...

I didn't realize yesterday's rocking chair was a reflection; I thought it was two back to back. How cool. These are great green photos! I haven't been brave enough to haul out my camera inside places like that, but you're inspiring me!

Just Being Sam said...

Green is my fav color. These are really great.

Shawna said...

Great shots!! Good for you staying on theme (I'm struggling!). I LOVE the last one!

mel said...

These are just gorgeous! I love yesterdays too!

Angela2932 said...

I love these! I love the way the light comes through the glass, and your composition in each of the pictures. Great take on the green theme.