Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Animals: Under the Sea

We went to the Maui aquarium on vacation--that's about the closest my DH will get to snorkeling, since he can't see ANYTHING without his glasses. The aquarium was fabulous, but dark and very crowded with eager excited little kids, so I was lucky to get these 2. Ended up using my P&S because of the crowds, so I am doubly lucky these turned out. Had the ISO way up. These are the colors--no tweaking. Live coral amazes me; it is so beautiful, like stone flowers.


18 comments:

Amy said...

Gorgeous. Love the color in that first one.

C said...

Love the colors in the last shot. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

these are great...I have always wanted to try this!
cari

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

HC said...

Great colors!

Margaret said...

I am totally amazed and impressed with the color in these! Wow! And that fish in the second one....he's a big guy and so colorful, too!

Becky said...

These are so great. The color is fantastic. Amazing what a point and shoot can do with a talented photographer like you operating it!

April said...

those are great. i got a shot of the same kinda fish on the 2nd photo..i was shocked at how ugly their teeth (or whatever they are) are. good heavens. you got great colors on these!

Tracie said...

Pat, these are so cool. It feels like I'm right there!

Amy said...

The color is amazing, great shots!

Mom2Drew said...

Colors are just magnificent.

Kristina said...

That first one's color is just great!

mamawest777 said...

Love the 2nd one!! Great job!

Jess said...

Whoa! These are great! I love how "close" you got in the last shot!

Val said...

Pretty! I wanted great aquarium shts when we went last summer, but there were so many people!! i was bummed

Anonymous said...

luck you to go there!
tara

Shawna said...

Love that coral! And the fish is awesome too, amazing colors!

Anonymous said...

All your photos from Hawaii looks like they belong in a travel magazine. Nice colors of the fish and coral.