Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hawaii -- the color of water

Pretend there is a soundtrack of waves rolling onto the shore as you look at these...

Being a water baby, there is nothing I like as much as watching waves roll in, fold over, and crash into shore. I love seeing the sand stirred up and added to the color and texture of the wave itself, and the way the foam and froth add to the designs. I love the way the waves in deeper water take on the turquoise hues and look like they are lit from within. I love the power and majesty of a good set of breakers. None of these have been altered, except to sharpen and crop. Most of them, except the first 3, were taken with my 100-300mm zoom, at full extension.













26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish we could take a vaction there! It would be a dream come true! Love all of these shots!
cari

Unknown said...

iM SO JEALOUS OF THESE PICTURES.. WISH I WAS AT THE BEACH... GREAT SHOTS. HUGS, TONI

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! and i am so jealous too! but keep sharing!
tara

amazing grace said...

oooh i'd love to be there!!! love the color in the 3rd shot...:0

very fun pics!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Keep getting better...

I bet you had fun taking these thinking of us back at home.

bprincephoto said...

Lovely pictures. I so want to go to the beach now. BTW- what lens do you have?

Becky said...

Beautiful. That second one is my favorite!

Shanna Jones said...

Nice!

mamawest777 said...

Those are so stinkin' gorgeous!! Fabulous job!!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! I think the first is my favorite, but then maybe it's the third, I don't know, they're all fabulous!

Michelle said...

i can almost hear the waves! beautiful stop action on these. and the color is so awesome. almost made me feel sun-drenched sitting here in my snow covered house :)

Margaret said...

Pat, I absolutely love these shots today. WOWIE WOW WOW! Just breathtaking. I can hear the sounds and smell the smells from here! I soooo want to go there!!

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness how I wish I was there. Enjoy. I am seeming with envy! Look how blue that water is. Nice shots.

Mandy said...

Beautiful blue ocean...oh how I wish I was there!

Bobbi said...

These shots are so pretty. I am not much of a water person but I do love watching the waves too.

Mom2Drew said...

I really like the one with the person in it, gives such great perspective and scale.

Val said...

Gorgeous shots! I could sit atthe ocean for hours. Love it.

Danielle said...

Those are beautiful. Love the color of the water.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of the waves. such vibrant blues.

jewels said...

My favorites are the 3rd and the last ones! WOW, I did pretend that I heard waves in the background...and I could almost smell salty air ;)

Cheers,
jewels

Ginnie said...

I can hear the waves now. ;) So cool!

Suzy said...

WOW, wow,, that curl on that wave is just stunning!! These are soo cool!!

Anonymous said...

your journaling made me want to be there! these are beautiful!

Tera Fraley said...

Oh wow!! Love the colors, and you can really see the movement of the water.

Tori said...

well now I'm getting so much more excited about our vacation! We're headed to Hawaii on Sunday! These are great! Love the color of the water!

Tori said...

well now I'm getting so much more excited about our vacation! We're headed to Hawaii on Sunday! These are great! Love the color of the water!