Saturday, October 4, 2008

Autumn colors

Fall hasn't started painting the big trees yet, but the vine maples are blazing. They are smaller and there are swaths of flame at the base of the taller trees and evergreens. They are the appetizers to autumn, and have the most brilliant colors.
This ivy is thinking about changing, but is in no hurry to do so.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

The reds are so amazing. The vines always change here first too.

Anonymous said...

that color is amazing! I can not wait for things to start changing more around here!
Cari

Angela2932 said...

It looks like you get pretty reds/pinks. Here, we tend to go from green to more of a yellowish. . . and occasional orange. I'm hoping to get a little chance to go for a drive into Minnesota to see some colors. Rick's still improving?

Sharon said...

Oh no! I think I have to move now. Gorgeous colors!

Kerry said...

So pretty! We are hoping for color this year but aren't sure what we'll get given the drought conditions. So I may just keep looking here.

Michelle said...

wow! talk about color! I can't wait to see when everything decides to change!

Jess said...

Absolutely STUNNING. I am SO in love with autumn's colors, I can't wait for ours to really burst out!