Friday, October 17, 2008

Blue sky and accessories

A window of blue sky, and an aspen that refuses to turn yellow. It is down the street from me, in a clump of conventionally yellow ones. Every year it turns this marvelous red-orange.

Had a gorgeous sunset the other night. I usually don't get to see much of the sunset unless there are high clouds. Between living down in the valley, and having huge trees all around, only the highest clouds show up from my bedroom window. Great sunset color for October!

8 comments:

Jess said...

These are absolutely breathtaking! I love how Mother Nature paints the trees in the fall... and what an amazing sunset!

jewels said...

I love those leaves. What a silly tree! :) I love the red and blue contrast together! And, I love your photo from yesterday!

Cheers,
jewels

Mandy said...

Beautiful. Don't you just love the colors this time of year. I think the red's are particularly lovely this year...must have been all that RAIN we had this summer.

Erika said...

Wow, I love the colors in the first one!

Becky said...

I guess even trees like to stand out in a crowd. Beautiful colors in these. Love the water drops in the banner too!

Sharon said...

Beautiful colors and textures!

Bobbi said...

I love all the colors in your blog always, that is a gorgeous sunset.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

All three of these are so pretty, I just love the red against the blue in the first one especially!