Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ahhh...Quick! While it lasts!!!

FINALLY! Yesterday and today we had BLUE sky, few to no clouds, NO rain, and best yet--it was 75 today!!! Of course, to wipe the gloat off my lips---tomorrow and all next week it will be raining and in the 40s...grey, cold, dreary, bleh.
But, yesterday an excursion yielded these. What a glorious day, and today...perfection. I will store these 2 days in the memory bank for the next many many weeks until nice weather decides to stay, and not just blow through.

Those are the Olympic Mts. on the other side of the lake, looking like low-hanging clouds.
Don't you just want to hop in and go??? Seattle is across the water--
Even pampas grass looks wonderful against that BLUE sky. (Excuse me, but blue sky is REALLY exciting around here this time of year. Seven+ months of grey sky gets real old)
Don't these look inviting?

14 comments:

C said...

These are great! YAY for your having got some nice days :) Sorry to hear the won't stay :(
The pampas shot is so pretty!

Christiana said...

I really like that first shot. Cool pic. The pampas pic is really pretty, too. Dontcha love spring??

Becky said...

Those kinds of days are such a treat--glad you got to enjoy! Great shots as always. I love your compositions. The pampas and the chairs are my favorites.

Chell said...

Glad you got to enjoy some nice weather. LOVE that third shot and those chairs in #4 look VERY inviting.

Yvonne said...

Great pictures! Every one of them looks really inviting... love the diagonal looks of the boats and the chairs. Lov ethe framing with the lamp in the first one. And the contrast between the sky and the grass is amazing!

Angela2932 said...

Hooray for 75 degrees! We're actually suppose to get a day of 65 next week; I'm SO excited! I love the lined up chairs, and in the first photo, my eye is really drawn to the lamp. Wonderful compositions!

Tera Fraley said...

Ohh I love the blue in the sky and the water!! Great relaxing shots Pat!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful day! I love that first shot. Such an incredible composition. Hope you'll get another sunny day soon!

Shannon said...

Great shots Pat! You can gloat all you want! I'm right there with you!
Love that row of chairs ....and the lamp post is perfect, but that blue blue sky is the best. I'll be joining you with the rain that's coming...but today was PERFECT
Shan

Reds said...

Love that first shot and the shot of those chairs - makes me want to sit and look at the blue sky! :)

Mandy said...

Those are so beautiful...I really love the 3rd shot. So wonderful. I wish I was sitting in those chairs and soaking up some sun.

Val said...

Beautiful shots! Love the first one with the cool lamp, and those feathery looking flowers, or grasses or whatever they are!

Jess said...

What a GORGEOUS day! I hope they stick around at least for a little while... I know how that lovely PNW weather goes in the spring though. :) LOVE that pompas grass!

Anonymous said...

Yay for blue skies. These are great. I love the shot with the mountains in the background.