Saturday, April 19, 2008

What is it?? 6.0

Lots of sharp botanical eyes out there!! Yep, it was a flower petal detail, specifically a tulip. I love the "seam" down the center of the middle petal.
Just throwing these in for fun--some snarled plastic slinkies in the store. No one had bought them--wonder why??
And, here's one last one.... (scroll down to find out)




and the answer is..... a Douglas Fir cone!!

14 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Wow! That douglas fir cone is phenomenal! I love the level of detail you captured in it, and I really like reading what you write about your plants/flower photos!

Sharon said...

That a cool cone and I love the tulip too.

Yvette A said...

That cone is awesome, you had me think what in the blazes is that...lol great photos once again.

Becky said...

I guessed pine cone correctly, but not what type. I don't think we have Douglas firs around here. I've never seen that extra little detail these have. This has been a fun week, and I've really enjoyed yours! I'm also enjoying all your horticultural knowledge.

Mandy said...

I love how the moss is surrounding the last photo..it gives it SUCH an awesome texture. Really great color too Pat!

Jess said...

That is THE coolest pine cone I've ever seen! I love the yellow tulip, yellow is just such a happy color and it always makes me smile! :)

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't buy those slinkies? It's just cutting out one step at my house, because the first time they get played with they end up like that anyway!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

The pine cone is great! I love the dimension to it!

Chell said...

that cone is really cool. Love looking at your pictures...

Amy said...

Awesome backlighting on the tulip! And amazing detail on the Douglas Fir cone, I would have NEVER guessed that! I thought it was some rocks with leaves arranged in patterns. :)

Ginnie said...

That macro of the fir cone is awesome pat! Nice touch as always.

Bobbi said...

I've really enjoyed your shots for this week Pat! They have all made me think though I don't know if I got any of them tight :)

Mom2Drew said...

You were GREAT with the what is it's!

Those slinky tangles look like a nightmare to try and unravel.

Krista P said...

That cone is awesome. Who knew?

April said...

those are awesome..i was actually going to comment and say a cone and then i saw the last picture..i love your pictures..they're always so great.