Yesterday was the grand view of the Skagit tulips. After becoming saturated with the unbelievable masses of color, I started looking at more detailed views, at the subtler colors and textures and patterns in the individual blooms.
I always look for the rebel bulbs; the ones that got overlooked in the harvest and end up standing out in a bed of completely different blooms. This one was shouting for attention!
Ok, I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I couldn't meet up with you and ML! ;) Next year I'm just going to have to meet the two of you down there! I have missed it the last 3 years (drove down the w/e after the last couple years).... All well! Your photos make up for it! These are beautiful!
12/31 Hats Off to the New Year January 1/7 Focus into 2008 1/14 Photoshop (before, after, techniques, etc) 1/21 Words 1/28 Vertical vs. Horizontal February 2/4 Aperture 2/11 Love (Happy Valentine's Day) 2/18 Shapes 2/25 Interaction March 3/3 Cropping 3/10 Animals 3/17 Green (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) 3/24 Faith (Happy Easter) 3/31 Spring April 4/7 Natural Light 4/14 Guess This (is it an apple or tomato?) 4/21 Children 4/28 Water May 5/5 Important Women in our Lives 5/12 Catchlights 5/19 Happiness 5/26 Flowers June 6/2 Using Flash 6/9 Important Men in our Lives 6/16 Windows 6/23 Summer 6/30 Patriotic July 7/7 Rule of Thirds 7/14 Landscapes 7/21 Nature 7/26 Sunflare August 8/4 B&W vs. Color 8/11 Reflections 8/18 Lines 8/25 Family September 9/1 Shutter Speed 9/8 Vehicles 9/15 Architecture 9/22 Shadows 9/29 Autumn October 10/6 Panning 10/13 Pathways 10/20 Graveyards 10/27 Halloween November 11/3 Angles 11/10 Your Choice 11/17 On the Road 11/24 What Are You Thankful For? December 12/1 Portraits 12/8 Food (include the recipe if you made it) 12/15 Winter 12/22 Christmas 12/29 Favorite Moments of 2008
26 comments:
oh those are so gorgeous..great shots. i was going to name off my favorites but there's too many! i like them all!
SO so pretty. . . still none of those around here, as we're still below zero most nights. Soon, though! ;) Gorgeous shots, Pat!
You must really love to torture me. I have to buy my tulips from the grocery store.
These are beautiful captures!
Great shots! Tulips are my favorite! Love the REBEL shot.
These are STUNNING! I really love the ones with the fringe!
Oh these are so stunning. Great bokeh.
What a gorgeous place! Your rebel tulip made me smile :)
Love your flower shots. The rebel bulb is so cool..I would like to think of myself as a rebel bulb lol.
Beautiful! I love tulips - such great colors you have here and I love their shapes.
Wow i've never seen many of those tulips. You did an amazing job! I bet it was fabulous to see in person.
These are so beautiful they make me want to weep! You do such a wonderful job of getting great color, lighting, focus and DOF! These are wonderful!
Oh, Pat!! I am not a flower person, but these are to die for!! Absolutely stunning!
you outdid yourself! these are freaking awesome!! that sixth one is my absolute favorite. you should print and frame these in a collage on the wall.
So pretty! Who knew there were so many different varieties of tulips?
Absolutely gorgeous Pat. And I love the rebel blooms too!
these are all so beautiful! It's hard to pick a favorite- the colors are all so fresh and bright!
Wow! The detail is amazing. They are beautiful.
oh my Pat , they are alll soooooo beautiful!!! They look like paintings! I LOVE tulips!!
Wow Pat, these are just GORGEOUS! I love all of the detail and the pretty compositions!
Ok, I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I couldn't meet up with you and ML! ;) Next year I'm just going to have to meet the two of you down there! I have missed it the last 3 years (drove down the w/e after the last couple years).... All well! Your photos make up for it! These are beautiful!
Cheers,
jewels
oooh these are gorgeous! the 2nd one is my fave!
Each one is just as beautiful as the last. Love, love, love them!
Tulips are my favorite. These are amazing shots!
great shots! I just love tulips! I love the closeups of the individual flowers and the one lonely red tulip!
Soo pretty!!! Love these! I want to go to the tulip festival so badly!!
pat, your rock! love these tulips! would totally buy a print!
Post a Comment