Friday, April 11, 2008

Who would've guessed???

...that there would be something this cool in Des Moines, Iowa??
While I was visiting DD, we drove through downtown one evening. My sweet SIL was nice enough to comply when I hollered--"STOP! I need a picture of that!!" This incredible sculpture is next to the public library, and is soooo interesting. I want to get back sometime when the light is right and get the letter shadows.



11 comments:

Margaret said...

That is such a great sculpture. Wonderful find!

Jess said...

Oh now THAT is just WAY too cool! I would have hollered to STOP too, what an awesome photo op!

Angelica said...

Wow!! That's amazing! Can you imagine how long it took to make that thing?

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Wow! I love how it's made of letters.

Val said...

This IS so cool!!

Anonymous said...

that is the coolest sculpture ever! im so glad you stopped!

Krista P said...

Very thought-provoking!

Becky said...

That is so cool--perfect for a library!

mel said...

that is very cool, how fun!

Yvonne said...

What a great statue, art piece, whatever you call it! I wish we had something like this here! great capture against the blue sky!

Sharon said...

Very cool!