Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Across the valley

This was the view from the window at the doctor's office the other day. Fall is leaving the valley; the larch and big leaf maples are still hanging on to a last few leaves, but there isn't much color left. The clouds and river mist are starting to hang low, as can be seen on the other side of the valley. We've had a couple of mornings where we've woken up to snow at the very tops of the peaks, but it melts off before you can get excited. Erase all the leaves, and this is what winter looks like here...

12 comments:

Suzy said...

Reds and yellows with a blue mountain oh my! Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Though the brilliant hues are gone, there is still enough color for this to be called beautiful!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Oh your winter looks beautiful. Cant wait to see the snow on the mountain.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I wish I lived where there were real mountains...I live in the concrete jungle and it stinks! This shot is awesome!
Cari

Kristina said...

So pretty! You live in such beauty, pat!

Michelle said...

boy, I sure wouldn't mind going to the doctor if that was the view!

Melissa said...

I can't imagine living in an area where all you see is mountains. Must be amazing!

Sara said...

But those mountains and the mist- it must be amazing to live in all that beauty.

KRISTIE said...

such a claming view from a doctor's office.

Mandy said...

Goodness...you truly do live in one of the most beautiful areas, Pat...it looks like it was just made for you to take your photographs.

Angela2932 said...

I love the range of colors. . . and seasons!. . . in this photo! If I knew how to do HD photography, (or is it HDR?) this would be a perfect photo for it!

Chell said...

Oh so pretty. I love the beauty you find where you live