Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beautiful Debris

Saw this in the rain gulley along our street. Amazing how even leafy litter is lovely!
And these---I admit, I am a rockhound, have been since I was a kid. I can't go to the beach without coming home with at least pockets full of rocks; usually more. These are some of my recent favorites, garnered this summer. I love the colors, the lines--wishing rocks and more. My goal next summer is to try to get rocks in the colors of the spectrum, and I know just the beach to find them!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cool! All I get in my gutter is gravel. ;P

Anita said...

You wouldn't want to see the stuff you'd find around here. LOL Love the color of the leaves.

Liz said...

Gorgeous! All our fall color is gone now. Those rocks are seriously cool. My mother is a total rock hound she would be in 7th heaven with all those rocks.

Mom2Drew said...

Did you have pet rocks too?

Reds said...

I love picking rocks too - I have some from all over - love the textures, the colors - love your rocks!! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

There are such great colors in the leaves and the rocks! You, Pat, are the queen of finding everyday things and showcasing their unique beauty!

Amy said...

Pat, that's some beautiful litter, love the bright colors of the leaves!

My little one (Anika) is a big-time rock collector, they're all over the place! She paints them as 'food' for her Webkinz, you should see the one she found for a carrot. :) She also made menus and they order their meals. I showed her your rocks and she loves them, but said they're too pretty to paint.

Here's an idea for you. My sister puts her prettiest rocks in her bathroom sink basin, they look really pretty there.

Bobbi said...

Cool shots Pat, Blaze must have picked this up from you somehow lol...he always has rocks in his pockets.

Angela2932 said...

Very nice rocks! And going to a beach to find them sounds especially nice! Do you polish rocks in a rock tumbler? My mom used to do this when we were kids, and round up all 7 of us kids to go off in search of rocks.