Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Angles 3 and Tag!

It's too wet to be out looking for angles, so this is from earlier this summer, when the tide was out. THIS is the reason why this bay is called Useless Bay...when the tide is out, it is useless for boats, but perfect for beachcombing.

I was tagged by Celine (redsie) yesterday for the Book Tag.
Here’s the rules of the tag:
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.
I am currently (re)reading "A Rather Lovely Inheritance" by C.A. Belmond:
When it got round to the French will, however, all five of the party raised their heads in alertness and sat closer to the edges of their chairs expectantly. It signalled to me that the French assets were perhaps the more valuable, and this was what the fight was all about.
"My villa in France, including the house and all the property, I leave to Jeremy Laidley. The contents of the house, that is, all remaining furnitre, I leave to my nephew Roland Laidley, Junior. The garage and its entire contents I leave solely to my great-niece and namesake, Penelope Nichols."
I tag: (sorry if you've been tagged already!)
Sharon (linnefaulk)
Chell
Michelle D.
Jewells
Suzy (daxryzay)

16 comments:

Jess said...

Ooh, what a wonderful angle on this shot! I would love to go there when the tide is out to comb for shells. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun shot. When we were in maine over the summer I thought it was so cool when the tide was out.
Cari

Reds said...

Great shot Pat!! That boat looks so lonely!!

Sharon said...

Great capture!

Jackie's Shot said...

Wow that is a neat shot with the tide out. Something we don't see here on our lake. ~Jackie

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is a great angle and a great photo! That poor boat!

Cindi Koceich said...

How funny to see a beached boat!!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Very fun shot! Do those boats stay parked there and then when the water comes back, they're back in business??? :)

KRISTIE said...

very cool, i once went to chicago in the winter, and all the boats were locked in by the ice surronding them, might be better than sand

Mom2Drew said...

Very cool and look at all that beach...that's crazy.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Wow I have never seen a tide out that much. Nice angle.

Margaret said...

This is a great shot! Fabulous composition. Looks like such a great place to beach comb!

Angela2932 said...

I love the focus on the ball in the foreground, and then my eye is drawn to the boat. This scene looks almost forlorn! Will the tide come back in and wash the boat back out?

Becky said...

That is a cool angle shot! I love the buoy in the foreground.

Bobbi said...

I love the way this shot is setup, it brings your eye to both subjects perfectly.

Amy said...

What a cool shot! I would love to go beachcombing there!