Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the road--signs

These were taken on our trip to Mt. Rainier this summer...
Just couldn't resist this--sure makes you want to zip through this stretch of narrow, twisty mountain road really quickly.
And here is one I am sure a lot of you have never seen!!! These are for Mt. Rainier, which is a dormant volcano. If it decides to blow, there will be massive mudflows and flooding as the glaciers melt, so there are many evacuation routes in the communities around Rainier. They even have evacuation drills in the schools, like fire drills everywhere else.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Cool signs. My favorite I saw in Washington State is one where is shows a pedestrian being knocked by a truck mirror.

Angela2932 said...

Oh, Pat, you know I'd freak out on these roads! You're finding some really interesting signs these days. I'm going to have to check out "Peace like a River" and "Whistling Season". . . my book club might be interested in these as options.

Amy said...

We have those rock falling signs here too and avalanche warnings. I'm used to them now, but for a while, I wanted to find another route! :) I love seeing amusing signs, fun shots!

Reds said...

Love your signs Pat!! Never seen those around my home!! For sure I would drive faster after seeing those!! ;)

Margaret said...

Always love your signs. That volcano evacuation one is great. I can honestly say I've never seen one of those around here!