Saturday, November 15, 2008
Hunting Season, Anyone?
Looked out the back window this morning, and this is what I saw--my few remaining dahlias being snacked on by one of the pestiferous elk. This was taken from the living room window, 1 floor up....she was too darn close to the house.
Then, some of the rest of the group started drifting in...
Ever been mooned by an elk? Can't miss it, can you?? Yeah, they're cute, but they are a pain in the neck if you are trying to keep a nice yard (no holes, no browsed trees, no decimated flower beds, no trampled shrubbery...)
Finally they wandered over to terrorize my neighbor's yard, but not before I got the "I'm bigger than you are, and am going because I want to go, NOT because you, puny human that you are, have scared me off. I'll be back, along with my friends." And she was--about 15 of them traipsed through the yard 20 minutes later. If only I could work R's air rifle!!! A few stings on the butt might make them detour to the back of our yard, which is deep woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! I never saw bums like that before! They look like tree stumps. ;)
I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for you...tee hee!!
Now I can say I have officially been mooned by an elk!!
LOL at the "mooning"! That is too funny. I hear ya, we don't have elk around here, but when I was younger I remember the deer being SUCH a nuisance in my mom's garden.
Whoa! They're brave; they don't seem to have much human fear. I've lost my "Bambi" perspective after all the human-deer collisions here, with human fatalities! And if deer or elk were prowling around my yard these days, I'd be afraid that armed (and drunk) hunters would be nearby as well! But! You got great photos out of this!
I've never really looked at elk, so very neat to see these shots! These are some great shots, but I know not fun for you to have them eating your flowers!
Pat,
You sure don't have to go far to get nature pictures! The duo-mooners are a hoot! Great shot; great caption! Still, I am oh, so sorry... ML
Oh my, Pat. My husband will be so jealous! If only hunting could always be that easy. I'll bet they taste good, too!
I put your link on my blog. I just had to show off your work. It's such a treat for me to visit. :)
Post a Comment