Monday, November 17, 2008

Tropical Surprise

Found this protea blossom at the grocery store, and just couldn't resist buying myself a little eye-candy. Doesn't this look like birthday candles, angora yarn, and fancy ribbon all rolled up together??? I fell in love with these in Hawaii, and just can't get over how structural and architectural they are--such an abstract flower!




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool was that! Bet is fun to find it!!! Great shots!
Cari

Mandy said...

Your details are gorgeous, as usual Pat. I cannot get over the color. Is it me or does this thing look like an alien or something. Its so unreal. They don't have anything like this in my grocery story.

Reds said...

Wow Pat - you find the most beautiful flowers!! Never seen one like that! Beautiful macros... again!! :)

Amy said...

I have never seen one of these. What great shots...your captures are fantastic as always.

Jason said...

WOW, that is really cool! Nice shots.

Cindi Koceich said...

I have never seen anything like that!! Gorgeous!! Love the black background behind it too...really makes those colors pop!!!

Margaret said...

What a fabulous find! I love the beautiful way you caputred it, too. That is such an interesting plant. Wow!

Michelle said...

what a cool plant! I've never seen those before--so detailed and interesting.

Sharon said...

Love the colors. I always love seeing your macros.

Mom2Drew said...

So intricate. I'm amazed that you know so many flower/plant names. Did you study them somewhere?

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Wow. I want to reach out and touch it. The detail in the fuzz is incredible. Nice shot.

Allyson said...

Beautiful, I just love these pretty flowers and the details you captured! My favorite is the third where you can see the 'angora yarn' so well!

I had these flowers down in Palm Springs and thanks to you (earlier this year) knew what they were called. :)

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Beautiful, I just love these pretty flowers and the details you captured! My favorite is the third where you can see the 'angora yarn' so well!

I had these flowers down in Palm Springs and thanks to you (earlier this year) knew what they were called. :)

Jess said...

That is SUCH an amazing flower! WOW! It really does look like bday candles popping out of an intricate weaving of yarn and ribbon. That is WAY cool!