Monday, November 24, 2008

Raindrop tips

A little macro playtime---early morning, just as the sun was slanting across the front yard. Picture me bundled up, lying on the sidewalk to get the right angle. The people walking by thought I was nuts--either that, or I'd fallen and couldn't get up LOL!!

I was really happy to get a nice refraction as well as some sunflares on the waterdrops. Bonus!

f 4.5 1/45 ISO 200 100mm macro

I usually go for a wide-open aperture, but I really like the clarity on this one better, although the background is more distracting. Tough choices!

f9.5 1/20 ISO 200 100mm macro

And this--I just like the way all those dew drops and rain drops embellished the grass blades. They look like sequins or jewels.
f9.5 1/60 ISO 200 100mm macro

16 comments:

Chell said...

Very pretty and I am sitting here laughting trying to pivicture you getting these shots.

Becky said...

Thanks for getting down for us, Pat. I was excited when I saw on 2Peas that you had macros tonight, and you lived up to my expectations as usual.

Rachael said...

Beautiful...the color of the grass and the sparkly drops are just gorgeous!

Suzy said...

WOW, that second one is awesome! I love your macro's Pat!!

Sharon said...

Now I know why I will never grow up to be you. I just want stoop to your level. ;)

I LOVE that last one!

Mom2Drew said...

That first one with the dew in the background? Spectacular, I'd love to see how it printed.

Jess said...

Yet again, I am gasping in awe of your macro water droplets! These are nothing short of spectacular. I love that octagonal bokeh in the bg of the first shot too!

Jen said...

These are so amazing. I'm sure they were worth the neighbors thinking you were a little coocoo! I love that you still have flowers to take pics of. I'm in MI with all the snow!

Margaret said...

Pat, These are incredible! I am always so amazed by your incredible talent for macros! Wow! And I wish I had a picture of you shooting those macros! :)

Amy said...

Just gorgeous, I hereby declare you the Queen of Macros! :)

Lori said...

Holly smokes, these are great! Love the little bit of sunflare on the second one!

Mandy said...

These are gorgeous...I don't know how you do it, but every time I look at your macros, I am left with my mouth hanging open in awe. Gorgeous, as usual.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Please next time hand the camera to someone and take a picture of yourself! As always you are wonderful.

Reds said...

Pat - wish I was closer - would love to learn from you how you do those beautiful macros!! Wow!

Shannon said...

So glad you posted your settings Pat. I never shoot my macros wide open....but I like the affect of that too.
These are lovely, I wish I lived closer, I would love to go for a walk with you

Bobbi said...

Your macros are the most amazing ever. I really love that second shot, and the 3rd one is just beautiful. Have I told you how much I love your blog lol.