...and the bend of the river near my house, which usually this time of year we can almost walk across on the rocks, is full nearly to the roadway. It's at least 4' higher than normal, but on the way down.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The Falls are Full!!
Lots of rain in the last two days mean lots of water in the rivers, and Snoqualmie Falls roaring like a lion. This was taken today, after the river crested... The mist at the Falls is so thick that it's like being in a rain storm, and the voice of the Falls is loud and thunderous. Depending on where you get your info, we had somewhere between 4 3/4" and 6 3/4" of rain yesterday, and about 2 1/2" the day before. Fortunately, today it is dry, which helps everyone living near the river or downstream.
...and the bend of the river near my house, which usually this time of year we can almost walk across on the rocks, is full nearly to the roadway. It's at least 4' higher than normal, but on the way down.
...and the bend of the river near my house, which usually this time of year we can almost walk across on the rocks, is full nearly to the roadway. It's at least 4' higher than normal, but on the way down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Wow that is some major water. I am sure the falls are amazing though.
wow, I don't think I have seen anything like that! Amazing.
I love that photo of the falls! So cool!
That waterfall is amazing. Its so gorgeous...I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that.
That's a lot of water!!! But what a view!!
I remembers these from months ago, what a difference! Very cool!
WOW...I love that shot of the falls. It's amazing!
Wow, that is a LOT of water! Awesome shots! :)
WOW- I can almost hear the thundering roar of the falls just by looking at it! These are AWESOME!
Oh wow that looks so beautiful, but so scary at the same time. I can hear the water.
That first photo is absolutely amazing! It's so awesome, it's almost frightening!
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!
Can I come and visit you!!
That photo is breathtaking!!
wow... that is a lot of water/rain! Love the waterfall shot.... beautiful.
Post a Comment