Saturday, November 8, 2008

I love the grand sweep, but it's all in the details

I love fall--maybe it comes from growing up in Michigan, where colors like this were everywhere, and not just where the city planners had planted the trees, but the change of the seasons and the amazing colors thrill me. I love the sweep of color, and the way the same stand of trees change from year to year, depending on the year's weather...
I love the way puddles catch leaves and reflections and become windows...
But most of all, I LOVE the detail in an individual leaf. Each leaf is a masterpiece in and of itself, and just to see the color flow and the veining and the contrast make me feel like I have found a treasure every time I see another gem laying in the grass, or stuck on a rock.



And who can pass up the mushrooms--especially these beauties with their oh-so-wonderfully textured tops? They look like some elf has painstakingly glued styrofoam pieces to them.

9 comments:

Jackie's Shot said...

NIce shots of Fall. Love the mushroom. There were tons in our backyard but I didn't spot them until this morning and all ready looking rotten. ~Jackie

April said...

Very nice captures. I love that mushroom.

Becky said...

I love all the detail and colors, Pat! We're past all the color and mostly brown now.

Reds said...

First off - so happy that your hubby is gaining weight!! And I love your Fall pictures it's my favorite season for all the colors!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful captures!

That mushroom is real?!

I grew up in Michigan too? Where abouts for you?

Cindi Koceich said...

You have an awesome eye for beauty!! You should make a coffee table book of Fall!!

Jess said...

AWESOME shots Pat! WOW. I really need to slow down a bit and take in all the little details before I miss them completely! The veining and colors on those leaves is AMAZING... and that little mushroom is too too cute!

Angela2932 said...

And you have just such a superb eye for catching the perfect details, that we average folk miss!

Vanessa said...

Oh these are so beautiful! man I love fall leaves.