A bedroom window and hosta blooms refracted in the waterdrops...
...some hosta leaves...
...and more leaves, above and below.
I just never get tired of waterdrops!
And then--after I went out and got the mail, I saw this line of prints right in front of our garage, headed toward the front door--and I do mean RIGHT in front of the garage, within 3' or less: (that's the garage in the upper left)
Yes, those are bear prints. We have a black bear (a LIMPING black bear, which means a not-happy bear) in the neighborhood, but he has usually been spotted on the other end, NOT by my house!! Now, some women are afraid of snakes. I am deathly afraid of bears; I read too many issues of "Outdoor Life" growing up with all the stories about bear maulings. So, to know this guy is lurking right outside my front door, probably waiting for me to come out in the early morning so he can mug me...WELL!! I may just spend the rest of my life inside the house! My heart still races just seeing these photos...
And below--that's my little footprint; he had the temerity to almost walk right on top of mine, but it gives you a size reference. However, any size is too big in my book!!! My DH says to relax, that at least it isn't a grizz. Gee, thanks hon!!
11 comments:
oh my gosh..those are gorgeous. and i think i would get scared to with the bear footprints. good grief. I'd never see that by my house. thank goodness i live where i do.
Ummm...YIKES! About the foot prints. Holy smokes. But the flowers are totally gorgeous. I love the first one with the petals overlapping.
a bear????? I would stay in the house for sure!! Yikes!!! Love your water drops - so delicate and so detailed!!
Absolutely gorgeous shots! The two-toned flower is magnificent and I never tire of your waterdrop pictures either. As for the bear, I'd be shaking right along with you. Keep hubby close by!
Oh gosh a bear. that is scary!!! Love the droplets. wish we could have some of that rain, boo
My hearts racing too when I looked at these photos, but mostly because of how beautiful the waterdrop photos are! They are absolutely, unbelievably, stunning! And I vote with others who are all saying, "STAY INDOORS!"
I LOVE the second shot! WOW WEE! Awesome job, as alway. I really enjoy seeing your pictures:)
Shawna (shawkrem)
those waterdrops are so incredible. love the window reflection. we are supposed to get rain today...crossing my fingers now! and YIKES is right with those bear prints! I'd be looking really carefully before I ventured outside. or carrying a bat.
Your shots are so amazing - the detail and the reflection is breathtaking. I cannot believe you had a bear that close!
Wow Pat, your work never ceases to amaze me! Those waterdrops are so incredible! What amazing reflections! And, um, yikes! A bear!!
WOW WOW WOW Those drops are amazing shots!
Post a Comment