I love ferns--and I really like the way these interlace and overlap, creating new sets of patterns and textures.
I don't know what type of fern this is, but I love the shape of it, and the way the new growth fans out at the tip of the frond and has those fringes at the tips. What a cool shape!
Love the ferns. I actually have some here, and I never even thought to take a photo of them. How silly. Maybe tomorrow if the weather cooperates and doesn't rain all day long like it's supposed ot.
these are lovely! The second one is especially eye catching - love the color and interaction of the fern leaves? frons? (not sure what they are called!) - very nice how they lead the eye through the photograph.
Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I have to tell you that I've attempted to duplicate some of your fern work before, and mine paled in comparison (literally--I totally overexposed them ha ha).
Pat - I am convinced that ferns see you coming with your camera, and purposely strike unique poses, knowing you will show them to best advantage! HOW did you find that first type? You did an amazing job of photography here! ML
12/31 Hats Off to the New Year January 1/7 Focus into 2008 1/14 Photoshop (before, after, techniques, etc) 1/21 Words 1/28 Vertical vs. Horizontal February 2/4 Aperture 2/11 Love (Happy Valentine's Day) 2/18 Shapes 2/25 Interaction March 3/3 Cropping 3/10 Animals 3/17 Green (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) 3/24 Faith (Happy Easter) 3/31 Spring April 4/7 Natural Light 4/14 Guess This (is it an apple or tomato?) 4/21 Children 4/28 Water May 5/5 Important Women in our Lives 5/12 Catchlights 5/19 Happiness 5/26 Flowers June 6/2 Using Flash 6/9 Important Men in our Lives 6/16 Windows 6/23 Summer 6/30 Patriotic July 7/7 Rule of Thirds 7/14 Landscapes 7/21 Nature 7/26 Sunflare August 8/4 B&W vs. Color 8/11 Reflections 8/18 Lines 8/25 Family September 9/1 Shutter Speed 9/8 Vehicles 9/15 Architecture 9/22 Shadows 9/29 Autumn October 10/6 Panning 10/13 Pathways 10/20 Graveyards 10/27 Halloween November 11/3 Angles 11/10 Your Choice 11/17 On the Road 11/24 What Are You Thankful For? December 12/1 Portraits 12/8 Food (include the recipe if you made it) 12/15 Winter 12/22 Christmas 12/29 Favorite Moments of 2008
16 comments:
those look so cool!!
Never seen such beautiful ferns! Pat, you make me want to run out and get some plants!! ;)
How interesting, I didn't even know there were different types of ferns.
Love the ferns. I actually have some here, and I never even thought to take a photo of them. How silly. Maybe tomorrow if the weather cooperates and doesn't rain all day long like it's supposed ot.
these are lovely! The second one is especially eye catching - love the color and interaction of the fern leaves? frons? (not sure what they are called!) - very nice how they lead the eye through the photograph.
very interesting patterns you've got there. and that last fern is really interesting.
I love the plant life in the NW. Very cool!
Really cool Pat!
Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I have to tell you that I've attempted to duplicate some of your fern work before, and mine paled in comparison (literally--I totally overexposed them ha ha).
Nice shot of the patterns here.
Delightful!
Wow, I love the green colors and the lines and textures of the ferns. How beautiful!
Those are some really cool patterns!!
great texture. love the last one, rich color and unusual shape
I love ferns, and you caught them so sharply here! I love the deep greens. So lush!
Pat - I am convinced that ferns see you coming with your camera, and purposely strike unique poses, knowing you will show them to best advantage! HOW did you find that first type? You did an amazing job of photography here! ML
Post a Comment