Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Landscapes: Bryce Canyon

I love Bryce Canyon; it is one of my favorite places in Utah. All these photos were taken from the rim; one trip I want to hike down in among all the formations. The tall skinny rock columns are called hoodoos, and look like a giant's version of the drip castles we used to make at the beach. They are hundreds of feet tall. The scale and the color is mind-boggling. Just an incredible, incredible place.




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is impressive...what a cool spot. Hope you get your new computer soon!
Cari

Lori said...

Wow, those are breathtaking!

Reds said...

Pat - those are gorgeous!! What an awesome place to take some photos!!

Jess said...

OH MY GOSH! These literally take my breath away! What an amazing work of art this place is!

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...I SOOOO need to visit there!

Becky said...

I'm glad you pulled these from your files. I love the geology of that area!

Amy said...

Wow. Such beautful shots. I especially like that last one.

Michelle said...

what a place! i would not be able to even get close to the edge. love the color here--so rich.

hope your computer woes end soon! :)

emilyc said...

Beautiful color and detail. It's like you can see every crevice of the canyon.

Sara said...

Sigh.
That was a wonderful journey, thank you.

Debbi said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous view!

Tori said...

these are gorgeous! I'd love to go visit there!

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Beautiful work!

Mandy said...

These are beyond lovely. I love the rich colors of the rocks, and the sky in the background. Its so expansive.

Bobbi said...

This place is beautiful. It almost looks like a castle type sculpture, especially in that last photo.

Angela2932 said...

These bring back such memories of my living in Utah for one year! The last one is unbelievably awesome!

Amy said...

What a beautiful area!!! I want to visit there so badly!!!